RCA cables, how long is too long?

afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,515
I need to run a pair ic's to a sub and an amp for now and want to get them extra long for future flexibility. I could manage with 3 foot and 6 foot, would it be detrimental to go out 6 and 10 or 15?

Tablets blow for. Typing

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,081
    That won't be a problem.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,515
    Cool, I got to stop giving away stuff that I see no use for in the next ten minutes.
    edited May 17
    @mdaudioguy thanks, I don't want to spend extra coin on something that's detrimental in the short run. BTW my baby Ushers sortta suck without a sub, my cheap ELACs play nicely with that Mini Vee. Thanks to which ever Polkie sold it to me.
    On order with 3 Chinese guitsrs
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 1,257
    I used a 24' component video cable for a while with no sweats. With RCA at this length I'd be paranoid about signal loss
    Electronics: Westinghouse 43" LED, Marantz UD-7007 player, Denon AVR-x3100w receiver/preamp, DIY Ethereal ESO-1 power conditioner, Parasound HCA-1500a power house.

Speakers: Polk Audio RTA-12c mains, Polk Audio PSW-505 sub, Klipsch rc-10 center, Klipsch RB-41 surrounds.

Cables: Audioquest King Cobras, Audiquest Diamondbacks, Pangea HDMI's (one for audio, one for video), KnuKonceptz sub cable, Pangea AC-14 and AC-14se's, Pangea AC-9, Dayton Audio speaker wire.
  • ericerikericerik Posts: 33
    i don't think you will have any problem running a few more feet cable. I'd use shielded foe sure.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,077
    Title of this thread has given me pause... and a flashback.

B)

Wow I just had a flashback too, the 70's sucked!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,077
    Naw, the Seventies were great, man!

:)

m9ujxibqjkov.png
    6hop1kl5peu6.png
    edtxhl9ajdqk.png
    1evu9gouu8cr.png