Does anyone know what happened to Mike (SolidSqual)??

Options
I miss talking with him. Has anyone been in touch with him? He has not posted here since 2015. Just think of all the stinkin' badges he could earn if he just logged in and said "Hi"... :p
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Maybe he got tired of talking to you
    :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Maybe he got tired of talking to you
    :p

I was thinking you probably ticked him off and he was out looking for you. ;)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Last I know he got married and I though went to law school..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    That's the last I heard as well... He moved to Ohio as I recall. I remember picking up some room treatments from him that he was going to be leaving behind. He posted up until 2015 however, so I know law school and his marriage were a few years before that.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    His last participation took place back in 2013...

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If that's the case, he is very busy working as an attorney getting in those billable hours, and probably spending time with his family. That won't leave time for much else, and his system is probably the last thing on his mind.

You older guys are at a different place in life, you have more time to fool around with this stuff since your kids are probably grown and out of the house, the younger members have more important priorities than audio.

Perfect examples of this are Trey and Joey. They used to live on here and now they only occasionally pop in to say hi.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    Options
    Bruh! I'm back!!! I'm outta law school. Still married. Not in a law firm, but practicing law and loving every day of it. Go Bucks! Tryin' to crank out some offspring!

udjm601jkbzv.jpg
    1twt5wbmvvd4.jpg
    pouq2gcgjn4a.jpg
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Nice! Where you at in Ohio?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Welcome BACK!!!! :pB)

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Keep practicing... you'll get the hang of it yet...

B)
    [kidding...kidding!]

In all seriousness, as Cousin Minnie Pearl woulda said...

4tblvffitlll.png

Nice to see a post from you again! :)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Hot Damn...the forum seems a little bit more whole tonight folks....

'Sup dude?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    That Anthem receiver is a nice looking unit...

What kind of speakers are those?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Look like JTRs...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    Options
    Hey All,

The speakers are Power Sound Audio MTM-210s with dual V1811 subs. I just purchased a new home here in Dublin, OH and these are the anchors of my new home theater. Some crazy Nut by the name of F1 told me years ago to focus on 2 channel first. Mission Accomplished.

Man it's good to be back. Glad to see some familiar faces.

Good Morning!

Mike
  • deronb1
    Options
    Dublin? Nice area. Heck of a golf course you have nearby. Im about 75 mi west of ya.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I was in Middletown briefly yesterday.
    Back at the warehouse now.
  • deronb1
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Middletucky!? You were close!
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited June 2019
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Middletown...cool! That's where I grew up. Middletucky for sure. I was born in KY and moved to Middletown when I was 4. I lived in the same neighborhood and was friends with those folks featured (The Vance's) in Hillbilly Elegy. Ron Howard is now making it into a movie.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Don't believe we have heard from him ever since....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    He's party rockin
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.