And in other (probably) bad hifi news: Ken Ishiwata and Marantz have parted ways

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    That'll leave a mark.....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I read that he's going to Monoprice.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    edited May 2019
    Very bad news, but not surprising since Sound United is pulling the strings now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Is it possible that he is just retiring?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Is it possible that he is just retiring?

Not when he says, "It must be [a] big surprise that I’m not part of Marantz organization... I thought I’d be forever a part of Marantz. Unfortunately that’s not the case."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Well, in that case it's too bad that he couldn't have stayed with them until a graceful retirement.
  • pitdogg2
    Well, in that case it's too bad that he couldn't have stayed with them until a graceful retirement.

Your piece may just appreciate a little as there will be no more coming out.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Go to Parasound and make a preamp to go with a JC1
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited May 2019
    From the AA interview linked above, Mr. Ishiwata's words....

"What’s the product development process?
    Product development has changed a lot over time, especially from my early years at Marantz Japan. At that time we assigned each product to a specific engineer and I followed up with those engineers in every detail. Such meetings took up to two or three weeks, every visit we made to Japan (which was three or four times a year, depending on the number of products we were developing).

Today at Sound United (Marantz’s parent company), they do things quite differently since they have got both Marantz and Denon products to develop."
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Your piece may just appreciate a little as there will be no more coming out.

Any monetary appreciation will be offset by the fact that I've posted photographic evidence of it being used to play 320kbps MP3 files. It's now tainted, forever haunted by my grotesque and sacrilegious defilement.

Oooooo I'd forgot about that.... look at the bright side at least you didn't rub your dingus on it.....
  • Clipdat
    edited May 2019
    Oooooo I'd forgot about that.... look at the bright side at least you didn't rub your dingus on it.....

Haha! True. Although the top of it is extremely smooth, so it would probably be quite pleasurable to do so.

Seriously, I can't adequately describe how smooth it is. I admit to touching it repeatedly just to feel how incredibly smooth the metal is.

agdayc3l3qo6.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Maybe start with "Silky"
    >:)o:)
  • Clipdat
    It's smoother than that.

It's somehow even smoother than that feeling you get after claying and waxing your car and running your fingers over it.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited May 2019

Russ hooked him up on that already... He got drunk one night and waxed it for him. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Oh dear God, John, now I have to listen to manscaping stories?
  • mhardy6647
    well, I have to say, took the night off yesterday to see Richard Thompson play -- I wasn't expecting to come back to this kind of thread-scope-creep! ;)

• pitdogg2
    We were bored......
  • mhardy6647
  • kharp1
    edited May 2019
    As I read more of John's posts I'm getting the sense of "frustration." Let me piece this story together...John, unaware of the "love that dare not speak its name" that lay dormant within, met Russ and was immediately overwhelmed by these unfamiliar urges. That primal cave man appearance coupled with the heady aroma of Russ' barnyard essence proved to be an intoxicating elixir for John. He invited Russ back to his man cave to "check out his kit" as the Brits would say, and, emboldened by the Milli Vanilli playing through the Pass gear, John professed his desire to look inside Russ' system. Russ, just looking for free beer, made a hasty exit to the liquor store and never returned. John has never been the same.

Sorry for the derail.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Stop trying to push your fantasies off on me Kerry. They have meds to help for that. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Youse guyses are all just gettin' all twitterpated lookin' a pictures of Ken's cool Nehru jackets.
    xhnovtbssnyt.png

Here -- I'll distract you with a photo displaying the sartorial elegance - the je n'ais se quoi - of the late, great James "Bongo" Bongiorno (he of Dynaco, SAE, GAS, SUMO and Ampzilla 2000 fame).

acuilga7ynfv.png

• mhardy6647
    ^ that's a nice photo (in all seriousness).
  • Clipdat
    I agree. I think he was very excited and proud of his latest Ruby pieces.
  • kharp1
    Hopefully this isn't thr end for him, would like to see him in a situation that allowed him to push to whatever level he wanted.