Speaker placement on the DL

Options
Does anyone keep their speakers placed for WAF but then when she’s gone, move them to where they sound better? I’m kind of at that point right now. Aesthetically they work best where she wants them but sonically they are better when I pull them out from the wall and show them off! They sound pretty darn good where they normally sit but there’s more magic when I get them further into my room. She would never let me leave them there so alas. I move them back when I’m done.
Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
Arcam CD37
Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
Vandersteen V2W

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I don't have a person that dictates where my "stuff" can, or cannot, go.
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I don't have a person that dictates where my "stuff" can, or cannot, go.

Yeah I wish I didn’t either, but I like having a person who does my laundry and cooks meals so......
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Hire a maid, cost wise its probably cheaper.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    Does anyone keep their speakers placed for WAF but then when she’s gone, move them to where they sound better? I’m kind of at that point right now. Aesthetically they work best where she wants them but sonically they are better when I pull them out from the wall and show them off! They sound pretty darn good where they normally sit but there’s more magic when I get them further into my room. She would never let me leave them there so alas. I move them back when I’m done.

I hear ya Jayman. I cannot move my family room or gameroom speakers either. Kinda stuck in 1 position.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    I did the same with my KG 4's and my Magnepans when I was married. My SRS 2's, I told her, honey, that's where they have to be. I'm sorry.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,001
    edited May 2019
    Options
    As long as speakers aren't in the middle of the room,my wife could care less. Examples; in the living room,the speakers are out about 2' from the front wall,sitting on subwoofers. The finished basement, they are about 30" out from the front wall.
    Also,I have a dedicated listening room,that I can place anything anywhere I like. And get this, she rides motorcycles too!!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Mine doesn't care...granted I am lucky enough to have my own dedicated room. Small as it might be it is mine where I do what I please.

Man I caught a break when I met her.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member