Why not try it?

2»

Comments

• deafbykhornsdeafbykhorns Posts: 150
    edited July 2014
    pepster wrote: »
    I used 20 ga. magnet wire in this instance.
    You could easily drop down to 24 ga and be happy, but I can assure you, I have never heard better bass than the 20 ga solid core magnet wire!
    In your chest/gut!

Excellent wire!
    It is enamel insulated, so all you do is remove the enamel before soldering.

It is pretty pure solid core copper wire designed for electric motors, and probably in your Inductors in your speakers as I type this!

Not the purest copper, but better than most, and combined with the OFC center pin of the ONIX rca plugs, makes for a fantastic IC!

Personally, I think you gain alot from "solid core" wire if used right.

Depends on the design (and there are many).

I've been using this combination for years and found the bass to be excellent. I have used the cotton and teflon insulation with loose wraps (1 per 3"). I prefer these over some of the exotic cables owned over the years.
    Main System- Scratch built 2A3 , Lightspeed preamp, Technics SP15/Graham/XV1s,Klipschorns w/ALK xovers/Trachorns, Speakercraft MT8(4), Sonos ZP90, Yamaha Aventage for surround
    Office System- Adcom GTP500, Bedini 45/45,Lexicon RT-20,Enlightened Audio DAC, Polk SDA2.3TL, Northcreek Borealis
  • WulfrigWulfrig Posts: 1
    Hi there!

I'm looking for a good couple of RCA cables to connect my Pioneer XDJ's to my Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer. I read a lot about Mogami cables and their top quality but wasn't sure about picking between 2534 or 2964.
    Keep in mind it's just to use at home, my dj gear never leaves my apartment and I wanna spend money on real cables that are worth it :)
    Which would be a good cable with balance between high quality and interference shielding? I mean I want good cables for their build quality and sound quality but also I need some that won't damage my gear on the long run.

I'm thinking on spending maximum $50 per cable (since Mogamis are around 40).

Hope you can help me.

Thanks a million in advance!
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,975
    Wulfrig wrote: »
    Hi there!

I'm looking for a good couple of RCA cables to connect my Pioneer XDJ's to my Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer. I read a lot about Mogami cables and their top quality but wasn't sure about picking between 2534 or 2964.
    Keep in mind it's just to use at home, my dj gear never leaves my apartment and I wanna spend money on real cables that are worth it :)
    Which would be a good cable with balance between high quality and interference shielding? I mean I want good cables for their build quality and sound quality but also I need some that won't damage my gear on the long run.

I'm thinking on spending maximum $50 per cable (since Mogamis are around 40).

Hope you can help me.

Thanks a million in advance!

If you post a separate thread in the want to buy section, there is a good chance someone will have some good used cables for you to buy that will be better for about the same money. Waaay more bang for your buck with used cables...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch