Carver CT Seven Preamp
Bluesound Node 2i

Best Answers

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Answer ✓
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a good quality grill cloth. However I'm looking for something as close as possible to the original cloth used by Polk.

The stuff I use is classier looking than the original and is acoustically transparent. The original stuff got in the way of the sound IMHO.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Answer ✓
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a good quality grill cloth. However I'm looking for something as close as possible to the original cloth used by Polk.

The stuff I use is classier looking than the original and is acoustically transparent. The original stuff got in the way of the sound IMHO.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, however I prefer the original look. Besides I never listen to the speakers with the grills on.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you want something that is close to the stock material, this is a very good.

https://www.parts-express.com/mellotone-premium-black-speaker-grill-cloth-yard-64-wide--260-332

Answers

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I like the cloth from Magnepan. Just get the stuff they use on the MG 20.7. It is extra sheer to the point of being vaguely see-thru, and is beautiful to look at.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Grills on for me, especially with a two year old. Also helpful in protecting Matt’s signature on the crossover plates...

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Grills on for me, especially with a two year old. Also helpful in protecting Matt’s signature on the crossover plates...

This^^ and keeping dust of the drivers.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    Options
    Great information. Thanks! I'm going with a jet black acoustically transparent.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    What is the best way to get the clips off of the logo, without breaking them??
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    monepolk wrote: »
    What is the best way to get the clips off of the logo, without breaking them??

Take a pair of Needle Nose Pliers, reach in and grad the clips, unscrew them while slightly pulling outward. Work slowly and they will come right off.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options