Add speaker to PSW 108

Options
I have a new PSW 108. My old Klipsch 10” sub has a blown amp,but good speaker and enclosure. Is there any advantage to addding the second speaker, and if so will the PSW 108 amp support it? Also, what’s the proper way to connect the two and not overload the amp.

Answers

• stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    I wonder if you're asking if the speaker connectors on the back of the PSW108 can be used to connect other speakers (as outputs)?

xcy5xvksl5ka.jpg

Those are only used for speaker level inputs to the subwoofer. There isn't any external connections to the the subwoofer's amplifier and it isn't designed to work with additional speakers.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    mgennette wrote: »
    I have a new PSW 108. My old Klipsch 10” sub has a blown amp,but good speaker and enclosure. Is there any advantage to addding the second speaker, and if so will the PSW 108 amp support it? Also, what’s the proper way to connect the two and not overload the amp.

Threads a little old, but the short answer is no.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer