FS: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 6500UB Projector

billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,163
edited November 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've made a little upgrade, so I'm selling my Epson 6500UB. This came directly from Epson as a refurbished model about 2 years ago. Complete with original brown box, remote, manual. Bulb and filter are original. I think it has ~1500hrs on the bulb. Part of Epson's Ultra Black series. Excellent black levels (75000:1 contrast), 2:1 zoom lens, vertical/horizontal lens shift (makes for easy placement). 2-HDMI inputs plus other analog video connections. No 'blob's or color stains. It is still a nice looking image. 1080p and has excellent image processing (Reon HQV). Actual screenshot from Bluray on 100" screen below.

Specs and brochure here: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?oid=63080840

Asking $450+shipping.

569602-epson_6500ub_projector.jpg~original
569606-epson_6500ub_projector.jpg~original
569604-epson_6500ub_projector.jpg~original
569603-epson_6500ub_projector.jpg~original
6500ub%20screenshot.jpg~original
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• billbillw
    A great way to get your foot in the door to a true home theater setup. This was a top recommended projector in its time. Epson only had small incremental improvements from this to the 8500UB and 8700UB.
  • billbillw
    No interest? FYI: This model has a significantly better image quality than the non-UB Epson models (ie: 8100, 8350, 8345, etc). Great entry into projection.
  • billbillw
    On Hold for now. The new replacement has an issue and am sending it back.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    What did you replace it with? What was the issue?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I've installed many of these Projectors, I'll go as far as saying it's the best Projector at it's retail price point. It's fantastic and surprisingly clear and has great contrast ratio, forget the numbers, it's whats displayed on the screen is what I care about. All these Projectors that are made have crazy numbers and yet fail to perform in real world conditions.
    The Epson's are a huge step above all others.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • billbillw
    maingey wrote: »
    What did you replace it with? What was the issue?

It was a newer generation Epson...but it was damaged in shipping and was DOA.
  • htrdln
    htrdln Posts: 116
    Interested if come for sale again
  • billbillw
    edited May 2016
    Not going to happen. The one that was to replace it was DOA. The seller didn't have another so I was refunded. I decided to 'Love the one you're with"...probably till "death do us part" :smiley:
  • billbillw
    edited May 2019
    Its been a few years, but I'm putting this back up for sale. I ended up making a major upgrade. This projector is still in very good working order and throws a pretty good 1080P image still.

It has about 2950 hours on the current bulb. I've always had it on Eco, so there should be quite a bit of life left in the bulb, which is rated 4000 hours at full (not Eco) power.

I'd be looking for $350+shipping now that it older. Note: It does not come with the ceiling mount. It can be setup on a shelf and with the zoom, it allows placement from 9-20 feet from the screen and the lens shift allows off-center placement without any associated image degradation (like when using keystone adjustment).

New photos below. Actual screen shots from Our Planet on Netflix taken a few days ago. Note: this is on a 100" pure white screen with a 1.0 gain. The screen shots are just quick snapshots using my Pixel 2 phone so believe me, the real image looks better in person.

xip6z263yw3b.jpg
    e80vgpm5qa0b.jpg
    qhqmy1hhiy4l.jpg
    pd1icnswmf0i.jpg
    i2g3m94l4vdl.jpg
    l52d95xu8pog.jpg
    rh372wfq1rds.jpg
    pn76jt1944xp.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Not to thread jack, but I have an Optoma HD20 which needs a new bulb. Anyone know how this would compare to the Epson from experience? I will do a bit of research here soon....
  • kevhed72
    interested but have to get to work....PM coming later today.
  • kevhed72
    Unfortunately I have to pass....bump.
  • billbillw
    Sold, locally.