Vicarious - ness: I mean, yeah, I was happy for him, but... :)

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
edited May 2019 in Electronics
So today was the first day (of two) for NEAR-Fest (a semi-annual amateur radio shindig/fleamarket) at the fairgrounds in none-too-distant Deerfield, NH.

I picked up a coupla nice oilers (oil-filled capacitors -- 8 uF @ 1000V Spragues) and what seems to be a decent 2 x 20 VDC (variable) HP linear P/S (you know, for chip amps and $30 preamps and stuff)... so I can't say I had a bad morning.

Bumped into one of the Northern New England tube hifi mavens -- and he was totin' a nice looking, 'chocolate' faced HH Scott LK-48 (which is the kit version, more or less, of the 222). Push-pull 7189, 5AR4 rectifier... all tubes present and accounted for.

Twenty five smackers.

I mean, I really do like this fellow (he's a great guy, and not the type to gloat at all), and I was (am) very happy for him -- but, I mean*, I coulda found something along those lines, too, couldn't I? ;)

He also picked up a NIB 211 power triode for -- a very reasonable sum. He was actually more excited about that than the Scott.

I did resist some sort of massive Sansui "super feedforward" digital (early 80s, maybe even late 70s) stereo receiver thing -- so there is that. :)

Comments

• mhardy6647
    edited May 2019
    Oh, this was the aforementioned Sansui, FWIW. :p
    Guy was asking twenty bucks.

c1i1oudluvoi.png
    (borrowed image)

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Should've snagged it Doc! Sounds like a cool place! :smile: Vicariously, sad it got away! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

c1i1oudluvoi.png
    (borrowed image)

Does that thing come with its own wheels. BIG!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    The bigness featured significantly in my not snagging it for twenty Samoleums, truth be told.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

c1i1oudluvoi.png
    (borrowed image)

Put that monstrosity on Craigs and you'd have some extra cash to put in the cookie jar for the times when the good stuff pops up. When I was selling off my deceased friend's collection a few years ago everyone was asking me about "silver receivers." first and foremost. I swear I could've sold a railroad box car full of them for much more than I thought they were worth.
    That being said that is too bad you weren't able to land something similar to that Scott unit.