If you’re looking for an unreal receiver

Try out the Cambridge Audio 751a or 651a. I just bought a used 651a to use while my Onkyo TXNR5008 is getting repaired. Wow. This thing is amazing. I have had quite a few different receivers including the very highly acclaimed Arcam AVR 300 as well as some really good pre amp and amp combos as well as processor/amp combos and I can honestly say that this 651a has me wanting nothing more for two channel or. H/T. I do have some external amps I have tried using for front left and right and centre duty along with the 651a and to be honest I don’t need them at all anymore. This thing is that good. Do yourself a favour and seriously consider one if you can find a decent deal on a used one. You will be blown away.
Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
Arcam CD37
Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
Vandersteen V2W

Comments

• jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    edited May 2019
    Ok so after some more listening and swapping back and forth from the 651a internal amps to my PS Audio 200CX, I indeed can hear some better depth with the 200cx. It’s close but noticeable. But anyone who’s looking for a total one box solution you will not better the Cambridge 651a or 751a.
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Vandersteen V2W
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I think @DSkip has some experience with these.
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    Ok so after some more listening and swapping back and forth from the 651a internal amps to my PS Audio 200CX, I indeed can hear some better depth with the 200cx. It’s close but noticeable. But anyone who’s looking for a total one box solution you will not better the Cambridge 651a or 751a.

Well it seems I poured my drink a little too stiff before posting this. The receiver model is 651r. Not 651a. That’s a different unit all together lol. Oops. I’m still amazed at what it does in two channel.
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Vandersteen V2W