If it keeps on raining the Levees going to break :(

Options
It done did.
https://www.weareiowa.com/news/local-news/new-photos-see-the-aerial-view-of-downtown-davenport-flooding/1967339211
The Levee breached a couple hours ago parts of downtown have been under water 56 days now, but now it's bad they say it could be another month of flood level waters due to snow melt lakes thawing plus it dumped rain on us all day pretty messed up but most of the cities that are on the old Mississippi have been experiencing this for weeks.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    When the Levee Breaks https://g.co/kgs/uaZhq2

Got to feel for all the people experiencing this a lot of people that live on the river front throughout the midwest are suffering.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    OMG dude! But it reminds me of when I live in St. Louis, riverbanks overflowing and flooding was a regular occurrence every year. Hope you stay high and dry!
    vkkbru7c72h6.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    I live on the hill, I know people at the bottom of the hill that left a dry home this morning but now have no dry place to go home to.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Hope you stay dry my friend
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    I remember playing in that area in the early 80's and a return date to a place called The Whisky River was flooded to.the point of the place closing .Heart goes out to the people in that area.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    "you've got mail" I think, hope your box is not at the bottom.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Got a dry cardboard box today thanks Bruce.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The folks on the Missouri side of the state are just now getting back into their towns to check the damage. Iowa done gone float away here soon enough.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    One of the things I don't miss about Iowa. That and tornados, bugs, the smell of hogs, Hail the size of baseballs, polluted water, bugs...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,014
    Options
    Sorry to here this.

The news I've seen on TV are more worried about this frikn next presidential election than a flood catastrophe in our heartland! >:)

I haven't even seen it on my PC's start-up news page.

I'll read your links in the morning.

Hope you stay dry and prayers go out to you and your neibors and everybody else affected by these rising water catastrophes. :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    After reading about Iowa, I read a story about the just completed levies in New Orleans are already sinking.

After a $14-Billion Upgrade, New Orleans' Levees Are Sinking
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/after-a-14-billion-upgrade-new-orleans-levees-are-sinking/
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I feel for our neighbors in Iowa :/ We had another 3" of rain last night in Central Missouri, the Missouri River is a big problem with the flow of the Mississippi River.

All the Levees, Locks/Dams and Flood Control just can't deal with Mother Nature.

Just one Dam failure on the Mississippi and the biggest part of St. Louis and many other towns, will be history.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    The more they try and control these mighty rivers, the bigger the catastrophe they cause. They can work for a little while, but the river will always win.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Take a listen to Bob Dylan's "High Water" - and try to imagine what it was like before the dams and levees, as difficult as it sometimes seems now it was multitudes worse when they had major floods before. But the song is about more than flooding, its about the other high water that's everywhere these days
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2019
    Options
    40ekt6eytrgm.jpg
    Went down to the riverfront today wow ol man river did a number down here as you can see off in the distant the Bix Biederback stage where all kinds of festivals are held. The Blues Fest is usually held here but after this mess I doubt it will be held there.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• nooshinjohn
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Is that the Saint Croix? Looks a bit like the 94 bridge.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2019
    Options
    9bu2g03tubuo.jpg

The sign down below says 2 hour parking, it will be some time before anyone parks down there.

ukw4jm8wrwqd.jpg

Main street doubt anyone will be taking a right up Main Street anytime soon.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    x1pjqhoqk7ei.jpg

I doubt anyone will be taking a left up Brady street anytime soon. It's a mess down here and the stench from the floodwater is bad. I feel bad for everyone affected by this flood.

fp1k33xiqknf.jpg
    A little trip down river drive via canoe I can only assume these people are checking on thier property as those food waters are not safe to be around.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited May 2019
    Options
    e3get7b61d7l.jpeg

Wait a second what's going on here? Not making fun of the situation myself, but this has been all over Facebook posted by some of the people that have been affected by this.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited May 2019
    Options
    es6dygaxjal7.jpg
    rm31l6v32ee9.jpg

They are saying that more rain is expected Sunday night through Wednesday night up to 4 inches which will only make things worst.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Tony M
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    es6dygaxjal7.jpg
    rm31l6v32ee9.jpg

They are saying that more rain is expected Sunday night through Wednesday night up to 4 inches which will only make things worst.
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    es6dygaxjal7.jpg
    rm31l6v32ee9.jpg

Terrible!
    :'(

State of emergency for sure!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Why are you the only one reporting this? MSM is too busy with trying to impeach people to care about this. If it was happening in places they care about, the coverage would be non-stop.

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Why are you the only one reporting this? MSM is too busy with trying to impeach people to care about this. If it was happening in places they care about, the coverage would be non-stop.

Happens too often there and here. Down my way the Illinois river is very high and over its banks as well. Parts of east Peoria is toast as well. Ours is not as bad as that but large insurance claims non the less
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I was going to mention that again in the post just a minute ago. All I hear is a bunch of political childish, lunatic moronic BS from Dems and their MSM backers.

I agree, they ignore the border invasion and now the midwestern tragedy happening for weeks now. I haven't heard about it except when I go to the Weather Channel.

CRAZY SAD! :s
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Wow..... I did the lighting upfit on those streets. It did some cresting the last time I was there. But this is epic compared to that.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Wow..... I did the lighting upfit on those streets. It did some cresting the last time I was there. But this is epic compared to that.

Well looks like there may be some replacement action coming your way...
  • lightman1
    Options
    b8afjylex0s0.jpg

This is what it looked like then.
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yeah Russ remember the Bike and Brew Pub we went to a couple of times, well that part of town was worse the place is pretty much submerged along with may favorite record store and the Bent River Brewery.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• lightman1
    Options
    I do Steve. Such a cool joint. I hope they can recover when the water exceeds. Good pics from the walkway over Main St. Judy and I went for a walk a few times around there....