Awesome!! Spiked Dreadnought!!!

Brian made my day at the shop with these bad boys!!! bn49zibs9mb8.jpeg
ix4uguf0r7w3.jpeg
vd6txhnds5gl.jpeg

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nice and pointy.... how much? :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    I thought putting this that I had extra on mine the other day was nice. Those look great.le2b0t94m5p7.jpg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Those are wild!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Trying to appeal to the Medieval/Torture crowd, maybe? I don't know, I think they'd be much safer if you turned it over.

:D
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Yes they are evil looking and I want some. That Brian guy is talented :D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2019
    You'll sure be able to vacuum under it easy enough won't you. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes they are evil looking and I want some. That Brian guy is talented :D

Brian was a welder in our shop a few years ago as I got to know him I started thinking he would be a great fit for the machine shop, I asked him his thoughts on this, at first he seemed a little hesitant but intrigued at the same time, but I assured him if he didn’t like it he could come back to welding, Brian is a great guy, and I was spot on he picked it up and ran with it, he is very smart, and most important IMO very grounded, very honest, he is someone you could trust with everything you own, I would welcome 20 more guys just like him..

We haven’t had the chance of late to hangout together now and then like we did, as my life has been very busy between work and the work I’m doing in my house, but we get a chance to BS once in a while at the shop..

Ok I will end my rant about Brian and go make a cup of coffee...

Ha, truth be known I have probably ranted about him like this already, but getting older things slip by.. LOL!!

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Trying to appeal to the Medieval/Torture crowd, maybe? I don't know, I think they'd be much safer if you turned it over.

NOPE!

There should be spikes on top & bottom! Horns and Spikes . . . Devilish 👹
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • stainless0steel2
    stainless0steel2 Posts: 193
    edited April 2019
    I plan on doing a run of these things in the near future. Probably in a month or so.
    The pricing still needs to be worked out. But if I could produce a set for somewhere between $80 a $120 would any of you have interest?
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I’m in! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Thank you for the kind words. I do the best that I can whenever I can.
    I have to admit I like being a machinist over being a welder. I prefer the precision that comes with the trade. I'm truly grateful for having Gary B. as an employer, and also Larry allowing me to advance in my career. Larry is definitely a good friend as well.
    I'm glad he pushed me to become an audiophile. Its managed to take all my hobbies and interests and combine them into one.

I was just trying to get you to blush .... LOL!!

• pitdogg2
    I plan on doing a run of these things in the near future. Probably in a month or so.
    The pricing still needs to be worked out. But if I could produce a set for somewhere between $80 a $120 would any of you have interest?

Let me think about thi.......YES!!!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Wow! High marks!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2019

Let me think about thi.......YES!!!

You obviously got the point(s). :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @stainless0steel2 Are you the Brian that made me that set of outrageous spikes a while back?
  • F1nut
    Yes Bruce, it's the same person.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Looks great
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    F1nut wrote: »

I am not surprised, he does some amazing work. Did he change his handle?
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Did he change his handle?

Yes he did Bruce.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Does the speaker just sit on the spikes, or can they be bolted to the speakers?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    BlueFox wrote: »

What are you talking about Bud?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox wrote: »

What are you talking about Bud?

Does the speaker just sit on this bar, or are the spikes bolted to the speakers?

q5ouy1gwyu6u.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    LOL that is not a speaker Bud its the dreadnought. It will be screwed to the dreadnought i do believe. My bad after I enlarged the photo it appears those are holes and not screws my bad. On my phone it appears to look like a slotted screw at first glance.
    Please tell me you do now what the dreadnought is.
  • BlueFox
    Well, I was thinking it was a sub. However, the coupling question is still valid if it is a piece of electronics.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    LOL that is not a speaker Bud its the dreadnought. It will be screwed to the dreadnought i do believe. My bad after I enlarged the photo it appears those are holes and not screws my bad. On my phone it appears to look like a slotted screw at first glance.
    Please tell me you do now what the dreadnought is.

Lol. In the picture, they do look like spikes for a desktop computer.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • BlueFox
    Good point. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    It's upside down in the pics. Flipped right side up the spikes will be on the bottom.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    edited April 2019
    It's upside down in the pics. Flipped right side up the spikes will be on the bottom.

LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.