western electric 403b tubes

Options
pitdogg2
pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
edited April 2019 in The Clubhouse
This guy may not know what he has here. These usually go for $30-60+ a pair. I've had them they're very good tubes. If you have anything that takes a 6ak5 tube these are sweet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Western-Electric-pair-of-vacuum-tubes-number-403-B/264253438180?epid=140999035&hash=item3d86bb78e4:g:cpQAAOSwLGlcrNxB

No affilation just passing along a great deal

search Western Electric 403b and look at the prices I paid much more than this and I loved them.

FYI Western Electric was one of the premier tube manufactures way back in the day. Do a search and see some of their NOS tubes sell for thousands of dollars. Pretty well respected brand.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Sweet, picked up a pair for either my headphone amp or my little FX Audio thingiejigger. Thanks for the heads up Ivan!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    You bet! They were the cheapest I've ever seen them. His loss is your gain :)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Wow got these tubes in today. Popped them in my FX audio and they sound MUCH better than the other tubes I've tried. Crazy Soundstage increase, bass definition, smoother midrange and treble.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wow got these tubes in today. Popped them in my FX audio and they sound MUCH better than the other tubes I've tried. Crazy Soundstage increase, bass definition, smoother midrange and treble.

Give it some days that all goes away....
    lol