McCormack DNA 125 in Verb's House!

Options
2»

Comments

• StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    There is currently another one of these on US Audiomart without any mods BUT it looks like McCormack is still servicing their products...so maybe future upgrades are possible if I snag this one (?). Wonder if its worth the risk of buying another used amp vs. my current Parasound A 23....

I had an a23 and got a good deal on a DNA 1. IMHO, no comparison, Mccormack kicked its azz.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I've had both and the Parasound didn't last long. McCormack much better in just about every way, IMO.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I have the 0.5 Deluxe and feel the same.I am contemplating trading another amp for a Classe 25 but have never heard one. I don't think my McCormack will go anywhere.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    I concur with most everyone else here in that the McCormack will mop the floor with the A23 and the A23 is no slouch. SMC still services and performs upgrades on the amps so there's no worry if the amp has issues down the road.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    The McCormack is gone and now I have my eyes on a Belles 150a. There are a couple available and Im pretty sure they are single owner units. I almost hit the offer button but I figured I would come here first to have someone talk me into, or out of, it....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
  • kevhed72
    Options
    YOLO....I can only keep track of the thousand acronyms that are work related....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    edited April 2019
    Options
    You Only Live Once....YOLO
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Cant argue with that fact....
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    But what about the comparo between the McIntosh and the Conrad Johnson?????

YOU PROMIIIIIISED WAAAAHHHHH
    Tito, Hand me a tissue! 😖😢
    Waiting on your thoughts, brother!

If you fallen out of love with a Mac Daddy, I’m sure we can work something out! 😎
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Hehe :smile: Loving all my amps at the moment! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The McCormack is gone and now I have my eyes on a Belles 150a. There are a couple available and Im pretty sure they are single owner units. I almost hit the offer button but I figured I would come here first to have someone talk me into, or out of, it....

I've had the McCormack DNA 0.5 deluxe and the 125. The Belles 150A REFERENCE amp will eat their lunch. The reference 150A is a totally different amp from the stock and hot-rodded version of the 150A.

Do some research on the reference Belles. I liked it so much that I bought 2 of them.
    I have finally decided to sell one of them on US Audiomart, because my first Belles is humming along with no problem and 2 of them is over kill for me. Transparency, detail, air is crazy good on the Belles Ref 150
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    YOLO

Ian Yolo... Han Solo's Scandinavian twin brother perhaps?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    Options
    I pulled the trigger on the Belles....should show up next week. My pre is a Cary SLP 03, so Im pretty interested to hear it in the rig.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    I pulled the trigger on the Belles....should show up next week. My pre is a Cary SLP 03, so Im pretty interested to hear it in the rig.

Let us know what you think of the Belles
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Nice! Sounds like a great setup!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    Options
    Getting goosebumps playing Massive Attack on the big rig with the McCormack! :smile:
    5zfsjxac0ckc.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I don't remember exactly what I ws listening to first time I played this thing, but, electric guitars sounded like I had plugged one into the amp and was playing it live. Very palpable, "live" feel to it was my first impression. Engaging.
  • halo
    Options
    Ya man! That's an amp that will surprise you and keep the goosebumps going! Glad to hear that you're digging it!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • kevhed72
    Options
    The Belles arrived today but I jacked up my back and cant get it downstairs....stay tuned though. I am expecting it to be my best sounding amp yet!!
  • verb
    Options
    Nice! Love the silver color! :smile:
  • halo
    Options
    verb wrote: »

It doesn't match the other components. Looks like a job for some "black paint!"
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I still miss that Cary Kev.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

It doesn't match the other components. Looks like a job for some "black paint!"

Yes. I am going through an upgrade cycle of changing my silver gear to black. While it’s nice to get new gear, the mixed color vision is irritating. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    oh I’m all about the black,matching gear, so I may troll the other sites for a black faceplate. I haven’t had a ton of listening time yet since my room is right next to my wife’s home office and I was scolded last night when she was working. I will say right now that this level of gear is quite the immersive, 3D experience I haven’t experienced yet. The amp itself is twice the size as the same powered, 125 wpc Parasound. I can get an hour of listening in now before I get kicked out of here, so stay tuned...