New Chemical Brothers Record

Man this album sounds like a throw back to their earlier stuff. I read an article where they actually broke out the gear they made their first two albums with to work on this record. It shows, it is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRfSM-lv55I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSYwtllbweY
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    is it on tidal? I can't find it...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2019
    Crap, cant find it on Spotify either......

*edit* seems The Chemical Brothers channel on Youtube has a playlist for the entire album "No Geography"...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited March 2019
    The new record doesn't drop until the 12th of April but the above two songs are released as singles on Spotify, I no longer have Tidal but I assume they are on there.

Should have prefaced with "This album sounds like it's gonna be good" based off those two songs. ha! Not long to go gents!

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • codycatalist
    Record came out today, jamming it on Spotify now.

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I forgot this was coming, thanks for the heads up!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • EndersShadow

I’m gonna spin it while I mow the grass tomorrow or Sunday
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist

I’m gonna spin it while I mow the grass tomorrow or Sunday

It's a high energy album, you'll have it done in half the time!

• JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    edited April 2019
    I blew through it three times today. I like that it’s not quite as “busy” as some of their previous works. Good stuff!
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • EndersShadow
    I'm jamming to it now, and its making work fly by. Gonna keep it on repeat as it just plays back to back to back quite well....