Loving this vinyl thing even before Record Store Day

Recently bought records, even before Record Store Day this Saturday,
Stevie Nicks Crystal Visions-awesome pressings by RTI, Mazzy Star, &Def Leppard.
7qsmilm6odf8.jpg

Are you guys going to venture out into the lines/crowds on Saturday. I have never been yet. But I believe it gets really crowded/long lines here in Austin at Waterloo records.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,706
    I got 4 in today. DSOTM and WYWH, both with nicks, scuffs and a lot of pressing defects. Ziggy Stardust spinning looks like the waves on the ocean....was making me sea sick. Those are going back. Live Rust is about as perfect as it gets, not even a tick.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Nice! Great album by Mazzy Star. That Def Leppard is one of my all time favorites. My copy of the Mazzy Star is garbage. It was one from a known horrible quality press plant, can't remember which, right now. Where'd you find yours?

I usually skip RSD since there's not usually a whole lot I want. Each year I see something, and call over to the shop later on, but they're all really small shops, so I never really expect to find anything.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I am not a fan of the whole RSD thing, for what it's worth.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I only like it because my record store does 20% off new and 30% off used vinyl. I may go pick up a copy of Madvilliany.

I have a good amount of rock, jazz, classical etc but my Hip Hop collection is low, trying to get it up to snuff.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I don't know why you guys waste time and money on this analog crap.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,706
    Forgot to mention I got Keith Richard's Talk Is Cheap box set yesterday, beautiful package. The vinyl sounds really good and it's quiet. This has been a long time favorite and I'm pleased to say the bonus album has some really good jam tunes on it too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I only like it because my record store does 20% off new and 30% off used vinyl. I may go pick up a copy of Madvilliany.

I have a good amount of rock, jazz, classical etc but my Hip Hop collection is low, trying to get it up to snuff.

Look for: Bone Thugs-N-Harmany "E. 1999 Eternal". It's my favorite album they made. Also would like to hear your opinion of the song "Mo' Murda" played on your SDAs.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I don't know why you guys waste time and money on this analog crap.

I remember thinking along those same lines and then this Stradivari came here to live :D
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    F1nut wrote: »
    Forgot to mention I got Keith Richard's Talk Is Cheap box set yesterday, beautiful package. The vinyl sounds really good and it's quiet. This has been a long time favorite and I'm pleased to say the bonus album has some really good jam tunes on it too.

Just listen to this the other day. Great album. I personally can relate to the song "Locked Away".
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • Ducati Guy
    Ducati Guy Posts: 160
    Hey msg,
    yeah I have the Plain Recordings pressing(known for bad pressings), but I lucked out, the record is actually pretty good, perfectly flat, only mild levels of surface noise at times. I got it from Amazon, unfortunately lots of other people got bad pressings, I took the risk anyways, since I couldn't find an original pressing.

gotta love Def Leppard and Stevie.

just got Norah Jones new album(released today)-Begin Againzl2bbtnodpwn.jpg