For sale: Infinity Kappa 8 Floor standing speakers

Infinity Kappa 8’s. These are the real deal classic vintage Infinity, don’t come up for sale that often. Excellent sound, differ from conventional speakers in appearance, underlying design philosophy, and performance. Legendary EMIT tweeters front and also backfiring. I’ve heard the cabinets are called Santo wood in original finish but I don’t know, I would call them light oak, they are real oak wood cabinets. Comes with original stands that tilt speakers slightly back for phase array purposes, not shown in photos. There are some imperfections as to be expected of speakers this age but overall condition pretty darn nice. Flocking intact and in very good shape. All grill pegs extant, some imperfections in grills but also nice overall condition. Note that One grill has something on the bottom corner of fabric as shown in photos, I was going to steam clean but it never bothered me. Pricing reflects imperfections. I just rotated them back in my main system and they have substantial bass. I’ve always been an EMIT tweeter fan also. Very impressive overall sound. Nominal impedence 4 ohms to 6 ohms. They respond to good power. Before anybody goes off about being power hungry, these are not the Kappa 9’s that gained the reputation for power hungry, I had them on my 25 tube watt Heath W5 monos without any problem and they sounded great. Suggested use of 50-250 solid state watts rms/ch but higher end of wattage range will generally result in better sound. Sensitivity 89 dB @1 watt, 1 meter. Freq response 33 hz to 45 kHz +/- 3 dB. Crossover freq 80 hz, 800 hz, 4500 hz.

Drivers per channel:
One 12” injection molded graphite woofer
One 5” polygraph midbass
One 3” polypropylene dome midrange
Two EMIT tweeters (one front and one rear facing)

Dimensions: 47.5 H x 20.5 w x 8.0d. They are heavy. I will not ship. If anyone is at AXPONA, I am located in Central Wisconsin and will make every effort to meet somewhere mutually agreeable. I go to Madison often, and Fox Valley and Milwaukee occasionally. Selling to fund other kit acquisition. These are worth modifying.

Club Polk members with over 100 posts minimum only. $725 in my pocket PayPal F&F. As mentioned will not ship.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Cool classics!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Beautiful!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Great speakers at a greater price! The EMIT tweeters are awesome, as are the IMG cones. My Crescendos imaged like crazy.
    GLWTS, and wish I was closer/had the $$.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Awesome speakers!!

We owned the next one up in the line years back, the Kappa 9 with 2 woofers.

But the 8 sounded fantastic also.
    Great bass, and very great sound especially on Jazz!
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Very nice.
    Wish I was closer.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Price drop - $695.00 Paypal F&F, will not ship. 100 post min.
  • Where are you located?? And are the kappa 8 still for sale?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2019
    NM
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    Yes, the Kappa 8’s are still available. I’m in Central Wisconsin. However, my original post states club Polk members with 100 post minimum only.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2019
    I would love to try these. If you decide to ship let me know.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • dromunds
    Where are you located, tratliff?
  • dromunds wrote: »

Somewhere very south like TX if memory serves
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tratliff
    dromunds wrote: »

Yep, Texas. Fort Worth to be exact. 76179
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • dromunds
    If anyone from the Midwest is going to the Polkfest and would be interested in a Polkie Express to Texas for these vintage classics please PM me re: incentives.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I *may* be going down that way Don. Depends when Russ gets here and where we can meet up between here and there.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tratliff
    Let me know what is decided. I’ll be at polkfest so we could make an exchange. But I will have questions if we move in that direction.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Wish you were closer to Georgia.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • tratliff
    dromunds wrote: »
    If anyone from the Midwest is going to the Polkfest and would be interested in a Polkie Express to Texas for these vintage classics please PM me re: incentives.

Any updates on getting these down my way?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Don and I have talked. I am waiting to see what Russ' plans are for the Polkfest. I believe I can transport them for you but getting them from Don up in Sconny down to me in central Iowa is the part we will have to hash out when the Polkfest date is finally ironed out.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tratliff
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Don and I have talked. I am waiting to see what Russ' plans are for the Polkfest. I believe I can transport them for you but getting them from Don up in Sconny down to me in central Iowa is the part we will have to hash out when the Polkfest date is finally ironed out.

Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to plan for the transport.