Saw a good show last night...

Patty Griffin (with two very good supporting musicians) at the very adorable Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH.

I've listened to her music for nigh-on 20 years but hadn't seen her live. She was quite excellent.
She's touring to promote a new album, it appears. Based on the tunes from it that she played last night, it seems like it's pretty good.

If she ambles through a locale near you, I'd encourage you to check her out!

vb5kio10nees.png

https://www.pattygriffin.com/

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Know of Patty Griffin but not her music. Just looked her up and listened to a few songs. Nice...thanks for the recommendation.

I lived for a short while in the Portsmouth area (Pease AFB, Gonic and Dover to be exact). The Music Hall was a great venue. Also, enjoyed the Press Room for food and libations. Used to take my daughter to York Beach, just north of Portsmouth, and I learned to scuba dive under the Nubble Lighthouse.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Seen her twice, once in Dallas and once in Waco to kick off her tour a couple years ago (she lives in Austin). First show was the downtown church tour with buddy miller. Great songs, band was incredible (just a drummer and upright bass and buddy joined in electric for a couple tunes). I was in the balcony at the house of blues, and the sound SUCKED. I was so mad. I couldn’t even follow the bass line everything was so muddled. Then in Waco she had the B team, brand new band first stop on the tour. It was disappointing, but I least the sound was better so I could hear my disappointment. And I think that was the silver bell tour, and I just didn’t love that album. I will give the new album a shot on tidal and if I like it I’ll see when sees coming through. If the bands good I might get to see here right here on campus.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    I quite liked most of the new tracks we heard Sunday night (FWIW). I am cautiously optimistic about the new rekkid (again, FWIW)

Sound was pretty good at the venue where we saw her (them) and her supporting musicians were terrific.

She is, of course, a born and bred Mainiac (from Old Town, ME)ol and she talked a bit about her life there between songs.

I liked her live better than I have enjoyed her recordings, in retrospect.