Saw a good show last night...

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,944
Patty Griffin (with two very good supporting musicians) at the very adorable Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH.

I've listened to her music for nigh-on 20 years but hadn't seen her live. She was quite excellent.
She's touring to promote a new album, it appears. Based on the tunes from it that she played last night, it seems like it's pretty good.

If she ambles through a locale near you, I'd encourage you to check her out!

vb5kio10nees.png

https://www.pattygriffin.com/

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 564
    Know of Patty Griffin but not her music. Just looked her up and listened to a few songs. Nice...thanks for the recommendation.

I lived for a short while in the Portsmouth area (Pease AFB, Gonic and Dover to be exact). The Music Hall was a great venue. Also, enjoyed the Press Room for food and libations. Used to take my daughter to York Beach, just north of Portsmouth, and I learned to scuba dive under the Nubble Lighthouse.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, Perfectwave DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,854
    Seen her twice, once in Dallas and once in Waco to kick off her tour a couple years ago (she lives in Austin). First show was the downtown church tour with buddy miller. Great songs, band was incredible (just a drummer and upright bass and buddy joined in electric for a couple tunes). I was in the balcony at the house of blues, and the sound SUCKED. I was so mad. I couldn’t even follow the bass line everything was so muddled. Then in Waco she had the B team, brand new band first stop on the tour. It was disappointing, but I least the sound was better so I could hear my disappointment. And I think that was the silver bell tour, and I just didn’t love that album. I will give the new album a shot on tidal and if I like it I’ll see when sees coming through. If the bands good I might get to see here right here on campus.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,944
    I quite liked most of the new tracks we heard Sunday night (FWIW). I am cautiously optimistic about the new rekkid (again, FWIW)

Sound was pretty good at the venue where we saw her (them) and her supporting musicians were terrific.

She is, of course, a born and bred Mainiac (from Old Town, ME)ol and she talked a bit about her life there between songs.

I liked her live better than I have enjoyed her recordings, in retrospect.