Went Retro on a Client but new

2»

Comments

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,497
    $4k a pair is far from pricey by modern loudspeaker standards, I'd opine.

Says the man how acquired most of his audio equipment from dumpster diving... :p

What can we say, me and ole Steve are cheap bastages :p

Ju cheap fargon bastiges!!😝😂
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,960
    I haven't found a pair of LS50s on the side of the road... yet.
    Thus my disclaimer "by modern loudspeaker standards".
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,999
    I heard the jbl100 last year at Axpona. I thought they sounded darn good.

This year i heard the new klipsch forte. They sounded good in that room. I was pleasantly surprised
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• mantismantis Posts: 15,404
    i was actually shocked how good the JL100's are
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,801
    edited April 17
    My original L100s bought new from Linda Soundtrak in '76 were the brown grills. Enjoyed them with my Marantz 1060 that my dad gave me for my 16th birthday. Lots of time on them while under the influence......[url="
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,999
    mantis wrote: »
    i was actually shocked how good the JL100's are

Check out the forte III. That one will suprise you as well.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• Geoff4rfcGeoff4rfc Posts: 1,775
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm just glad they picked a "sensible" grill color. Some of the colors are right out of the 1970's acid trip.

Come on dude, not digging the orange grilles? Far out man! :smile:
    vv45yh5enqx3.png

Umm nope .... too close to the orange sunshine I'M REAL FAMILIAR WITH !!

Did someone just drop a tab??? Oh wait, I mean the drink man....
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

HT
    Source: Oppo 103 - Display: Samsung QLED 65F
    Pre/Processor: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2

2CH
    Emotiva: ERC 3 connected via XLR's

Speakers
    PolkAudio Mains: LSiM707, C-706, SS: 702F/X, RS: RTiA9

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,316
    I was thinking they looked more like the Fresca type...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”