Polk SDA 1C

I found a set of Polk SDA 1C not far from me for $650 Canadian. I'm thinking about buying them and unloading my SDA 1B.

What do you all think of the price?
Home Theater & Listening

RECEIVER Yamaha HTR6180
FRONT AMP McIntosh MC2125
THEATER AMP EMOTIVA XPA 7
FRONT Polk SDA 1B
CENTER Polk CsiA4
SURROUND LR KEF Cresta 30
REAR Polk Monitor 5
SUB Tannoy TS 10 Subwoofer
NAS 20 TB Raid 3 QNAP

Office

AMP Luxman L210
SPEAKERS Tannoy

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ZaPHoN wrote: »
    I found a set of Polk SDA 1C not far from me for $650 Canadian. I'm thinking about buying them and unloading my SDA 1B.

What do you all think of the price?

Not a bad deal, not a great deal, depending on the condition of course. As you know they're hard to come by in great shape, so there may be an upgrade path for you.

But that's part of the fun! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Too high...400 is more the norm.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    Yep. So the guys asking $485 USD based on today exchange rate. Certainly worth taking a look at and possible negotiation! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ZaPHoN
    ZaPHoN Posts: 90
    edited April 2019
    Home Theater & Listening

RECEIVER Yamaha HTR6180
    FRONT Polk SDA 1B
    CENTER Polk CsiA4
    REAR Polk Monitor 5
    NAS 20 TB Raid 3 QNAP

Office

AMP Luxman L210
    SPEAKERS Tannoy

• verb
    IIRC, that may be an early version of the 1C's. Looks like a B/B interconnect cable. I have one of those (and a later version). Either way they can be modded. @westmassguy did the mods on my early 1C. :smile:
  • ZaPHoN
    Thinking about grabbing them and dumping my SDA 1B that in mint shape. (starts crying)

What an addiction.
    Home Theater & Listening

RECEIVER Yamaha HTR6180
    FRONT Polk SDA 1B
    CENTER Polk CsiA4
    REAR Polk Monitor 5
    NAS 20 TB Raid 3 QNAP

Office

AMP Luxman L210
    SPEAKERS Tannoy

• verb
    Go for it! I sure did. Started out with a pair of 2B's, now have 2 sets of 1C's, and a set of SRS's! Among a bunch of others! Have fun! :smile:
  • ZaPHoN
    Why are any new discussions removed when I post on trying to figure out the final schematic for TLing a set of monitor 5A
    Home Theater & Listening

RECEIVER Yamaha HTR6180
    FRONT Polk SDA 1B
    CENTER Polk CsiA4
    REAR Polk Monitor 5
    NAS 20 TB Raid 3 QNAP

Office

AMP Luxman L210
    SPEAKERS Tannoy

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Why are any new discussions removed when I post on trying to figure out the final schematic for TLing a set of monitor 5A

Since there is no mod's ATM that is a great trick since we cannot even get the spam removed.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    The early versions of the SDA-1C's looked just like the SDA-1B's. The later versions looked like these.
    I had a pair of 1B's and a pair of 1C's which looked like these.
    I say go for it!
    I had a pair of these and was very happy with them for 20 years until I upgraded to a larger pair of SDA's and sold mine to a fellow Polkie.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

Ha, I clicked on that thread earlier and tried to submit a post, but some strange message came up and the page locked up. I went back to find the thread again, but could not.

Anyway, you don't like the Peerless tweeters??? Try upgrading the crossovers first as those caps are way past their prime. The Peerless are the best tweeters for that speaker.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Thinking about grabbing them and dumping my SDA 1B that in mint shape. (starts crying)

What an addiction.

Keep the 1B's. The 1C end caps look like they had a rough life and the side panels are falling off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk