PCB Repair Supplies

Options
I just received my order from the guys at Circuit Medic http://www.circuitmedic.com/index.html , and IMO they are a great source for PCB repair supplies.

Here is my problem:
8x82fbc8fv9v.jpg
Solder pad came off (red circle)
My order from Circuit Medic aka Circuit Rework:
sp1w5ynlz4ga.jpg
vzd8xbo1p2e6.jpg
Thermal resistant tape, Circuit frame sample form, Heat-activated epoxy film

Plan is to first put a small triangular piece of bonding film under the trace remnant, put a small piece of high-temp tape on top for the heating/adhesion process, use soldering iron for adhesion.

Next, cut appropriately-shaped piece from circuit frame film to add as new solder pad. The bottom of the film has a heat-activate epoxy, so again use the high-temp tape as a heat buffer for sticking the pad in place.

Circuit Medic has a series of how-to videos which show the process in detail...very interesting and informative.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments