Eagles to perform "Hotel California" album in its entirety for first time

Las Vegas -- The Eagles will perform their 1976 "Hotel California" album in its entirety in concert for the first time. Live Nation says it will take place on September 27 and 28 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Tickets will go on sale through Ticketmaster on April 12.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eagles-to-perform-hotel-california-album-in-its-entirety/

Have not been to Las Vegas lately, and I like The Eagles. Starting to investigate for trip to see this concert.
"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    No mention of Don Felder...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Or Glenn Frey (RIP) but his son is apparently standing in now. It's really not the Eagles without him though. I don't think Don Felder will be back again.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It will be a good show for sure, but the magic will be missing just a bit.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I am a Vince Gill fan too. He is a terrific guitar player. He is also a great ambassador for music of all kinds. Always at Eric Clapton’s Crossroads event. Deacon looks exactly like a young Glenn Fry.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Vince Gill is definitely a good addition. It looks like Deacon is playing one if his dad’s Takamine acoustic guitars with the band.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I am so glad I got to see them when they came through before Glenn passed. Arguably the best concert I have ever been to and we had amazing seats.

Got the Farewell Tour from Australia on BD which keeps me warm at night. LOL
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    "Got the Farewell Tour from Australia on BD which keeps me warm at night. LOL "

I will always say the people in Australia at that concert did not pay enough for tickets. The DVD/BD discs are mind-blowing.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Nothing more than a tribute without the original members but still should be a good time for those that have never seen the group.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2019
    Cool, I have the DVD-A of that album, it gets steady play here. I also have the DVD of the Farewell 1 Tour. I hope the release a BD of this concert of Hotel California, I'd get it in a flash.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2019
    Maybe Paul and Ringo can form a super-group with Don, Joe and Timothy… They could call themselves "The Beagles".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson