Soundcare SuperSpikes

jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 2,987
I'm getting a set of these...should be in my mailbox now. Anyone familiar with them?
2g1mmqq35h9g.jpg
It's a spike and protective disk, covered with a boot/housing so it all stays together when moved around...meant for use on hardwood floors.

Soundcare is in Norway: http://www.soundcare.no/ Here's the brochure showing the design details: http://www.soundcare.no/index_htm_files/brosjyre1.pdf

I don't think they have a US distributor, so I purchased mine from a retailer in Canada.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• jdjohn
    Package of 4 ($75)
    z56juxari8bf.jpg
    Set consists of 4 spikes (w/ lock nuts), felt pads, and wrench
    1ax2ez1tjgne.jpg
    Before [JM Lab/Focal Mezzo Utopia]
    volnnf6ny7cg.jpg
    After
    wtrobz1ud9d6.jpg
    u1a3kyslpdqt.jpg
    Comparison of cheap screw-in foot (customized w/ felt pad ;) ) a favorite of Jesse's, to new Soundcare SuperSpike
    m03hzxntxw2t.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2019
    You're delirious....lol

So, any difference?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clever design! I like how the covers keep those pesky discs aligned with the spikes. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jdjohn
    edited April 2019
    I knew you would like that, Jesse :p You should be more careful in diagnosing the psychosis of fellow club Polk members ;)

Seriously, the difference is subtle, but it's there. This is one of those 2-5% improvements, but improvement over the cheap M6 Amazon screw-in feet is not heroic.

My primary comparison was Stevie Ray Vaughan's live version of Tin Pan Alley. I changed the feet on the right speaker first, and listened for differences. Besides the tighter bass isolation, I also noticed much more ambiance around the percussion strikes.

IMO, this product fills a real gap for hardwood owners of high-end speakers. The felt pads are very handy, allowing for sliding/moving of the speakers. I think the isolation system is effective. I can detect more isolation for all frequencies, allowing the listener to detect exactly which instrument is involved in any particular frequency wave.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Those are sweet!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.