Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) VK51SE Preamplifier w/ Super-Pack and BAT VK 200 amp

bikerboy
bikerboy Posts: 1,205
edited March 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
6n8fqfzt3jfo.jpg
93sjuncrwh7e.jpg
5gcwitwx6ao2.jpg
43jbalxru45j.jpg
aj5j5b2tpwiu.jpg
r5gz6vtijxi5.jpg
ehd5gkulf0o6.jpg
After much debate I am selling my BAT VK 51SE pre amp and VK 200 amplifier. Continuing the downsizing with the sale of the mancave gear. Great sounding combo when used with the SDA 2.3 or LSiM703 speakers. Was a big step up in clarity and bass compared to other gear. Comes with remote. Small ding on the front of the preamp. Amp face is clean. Remote has one ding on the corner. $4000 for the preamp, remote and amp. This price is reserved only for forum members with over 100 posts and in good standing. Others can buy them for $4500 for the pair. Price does not include shipping or PP fees.
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server

Comments

• MJR21401
    MJR21401 Posts: 3
    Just picked up your ad on Hi Fi shark. Where are you located? I am mostly interested in the pre-amp however I could manage to deal with both. I just registered on the Polk site but have good feedback on Audiogon and US and Canadian Audio Mart.
  • gareneau
    gareneau Posts: 7
    Bikerboy, per chance are you located in the tri-State area?
  • bikerboy
    I'm in Seattle. I forgot to mention I have factory boxes for both.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    Good equipment from a good dude.
  • MJR21401
    I live in Annapolis MD. Close to BAT home base. I have a 50SE I was going to give to my son. Also have pair of VK 60SE as my primary amps.
  • Hey B-Boy,,,did you sell or is it still up for sale...
  • bikerboy
    Sorry been busy this last week. Both are available. Had someone interested but they changed their mind. All packed and ready for a new home.
  • MJR21401
    Any consideration about selling them separately? I would be interested in the preamp as I posted last time.
  • bikerboy
    I sent you a message.
  • bikerboy
    Preamp and amp are still available. I've had several interested but still available. Let's try pricing them separately. Preamp is $3300 and the amp $700. I also didn't mention the preamp has the bat-pak upgrade.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    That's some very nice kit.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2019
    That’s the VK-200 I sold you. You should say that all the capacitors have been replaced, including Mundorf silver gold and oil caps in the output. The binding posts have been replaced with some CCRR Rhodium plated binding posts, and the Inlet power has been replaced with an Oyaide Inlet R rhodium plated inlet. And the XLR jacks have been replaced with Furutech FT-786F rhodium plated input jacks.

This is a phenomenal sounding amplifier and for $700 is a great price.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Shipping quote to 28601 for the power amp please.
  • bikerboy
    Conradicles-I'll get that shipping cost for you tonight. It's a great sounding amp.
    Thanks Headrott for the additional info. I was in a hurry and meant to link the post where I bought it from you.
  • bikerboy
    Amp has sold! Preamp if still avalable! $10,000 preamp new! American made, weighs more than lots of amplifiers!