Announcement: New and Useful Badges Program

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Any of these would mean so much more to me than the other nonsensical badges! Might as well throw out a suggestion for one I haven't seen yet... How about the "You owe me a new keyboard/monitor, because you made me spew my coffee all over everything" badge??
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Any of these would mean so much more to me than the other nonsensical badges! Might as well throw out a suggestion for one I haven't seen yet... How about the "You owe me a new keyboard/monitor, because you made me spew my coffee all over everything" badge??

Ah yes... the "Ultimate LMFAO" badge
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    msg wrote: »
    @Hermitism sent me an interesting link earlier. Apparently, a group called H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio has been collaborating with Vanilla's development team for some time now in the creation of some new and useful badges for forums, under the New and Useful Badges for Forums program.

The PAF was selected as a test site, and it appears that after a review of recent forum activity, they've built some badges for us to use in some PAF-specific discussion scenarios.

For instance, when a member is particularly grumpy, they've issued:

od2hdpvgcx41.png

@Hermitism would you like to share some of the others?

Already have that badge. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Sometimes threads can get a little out of hand. Did you do everything you could to keep that thread from going off the rails to Crazy Town? Well, The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio Team wanted you to be recognized.

vmqo4ciogdwd.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Hermitism wrote: »

and the closely related
    (is it OK if I brainstorm wit' y'all, too? There're no wrong answers, right?)

g0a68kc7x4ls.png

I may qualify for the first one of these bestowed.
  • Hermitism
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio Team is hiring.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Woohoo!

I will make-believe moderating the chit out this place. Click it out ticket! The moderator police take no prisoners!

B)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Hermitism
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio wants to punish those who behave badly.

dz06x3hkvq4k.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio wants to punish those who behave badly.

dz06x3hkvq4k.jpg

What if you live there? What award you got for those folks lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Say Hermitism? Have you ever noticed on some threads, things can be zipping right along, everyone's contributing and having a great time, and there's lot of great info-share going on, making great strides toward World Peace and so forth? And then wouldn't you know it, along comes a post that sort of hoses up the flow?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Yes, I hate when that happens! Did the H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio come up with anything?
  • mhardy6647
    z7ptfcz48h5a.png

just thought I'd, y'know, kinda toss this in to alter the current a little...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    And here's one to help save the Classifieds Patrol some time, and to be able to respond more quickly to turn back the Not a Member But Try To Sell My Stuff Anyway attempters.

fdb27p0nya6s.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio Team is hiring.

Who better to join H&M than MH? :p
  • nooshinjohn
    How about a “we don’ need no stinkin’ badges” badge...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    How about a " I've been taking to myself about laserdiscs for years" badge?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Also gotta have a Necromancer badge for those who post on 10 yr old threads.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Hermitism
    edited March 2019
    765k80a5uabm.jpg
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2019
    Smart man Hermit....
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• mhardy6647
    Wait, what?
    two troll badges?!

Inconceivable!
  • mhardy6647
    aka the Cleanup on Aisle One badge.