Announcement: New and Useful Badges Program

msg
msg Posts: 9,306
@Hermitism sent me an interesting link earlier. Apparently, a group called H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio has been collaborating with Vanilla's development team for some time now in the creation of some new and useful badges for forums, under the New and Useful Badges for Forums program.

The PAF was selected as a test site, and it appears that after a review of recent forum activity, they've built some badges for us to use in some PAF-specific discussion scenarios.

For instance, when a member is particularly grumpy, they've issued:

od2hdpvgcx41.png

@Hermitism would you like to share some of the others?
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• msg
    Oh, yes, that's a good one. That one should see immediate take-up.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited March 2019
    There was this one I saw that just looked neat because it has a red star in it, but I'm not really sure yet when we might use it. I've sometimes seen stars awarded to small children when they're difficult in order to make them feel special and to sort of console and soothe them, so maybe we could use this red star one for that here if someone is having a bad day.

35tmcreid6ij.png
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I can't quite read that one, Scott.
  • msg
    Oh, shoot, that graphic must've been corrupted during download. I'll put in a trouble ticket to the team to see if they can issue a corrected version. I'm not sure how this works. I'm pretty sure they're busy with badging for other sites, too?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    But hey hermitism, what if I decide to sell something on the forum, and the transaction doesn't go well, and I accidentally wish death upon that person?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Well Scott, I'm glad you asked. The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio team came up with this:

mk6mbsa0l6op.jpg
  • msg
    Wow! How convenient! That's - Dead On!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Now, our good friend Russ @lightman1 takes a fair measure of abuse around here, doesn't he folks? Yes, he does, and he's such a great sport about it.

Hermitism, aside from collecting addresses for later visits and guerilla bush deflowering, is there anything for Russ in the new badge collection?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Do they have any for snowflakes?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Lol! Love the graphic.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    when the moderator's passed out at the bar cat's away, the mice will play
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Moderated B)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No one deserves the PFB badge but him. It is the highest honor bestowed upon the <snip>

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio is currently watching the AMC channel, but I think I remember seeing a Skinny Jeans badge.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited March 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio is currently watching the AMC channel, but I think I remember seeing a Skinny Jeans badge.

The "AMC channel"? Like Gremlins and Pacers and Matadors -- all the time?

xh3fzho2mair.png

B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    That pink halo really kicks off Doc's smile ;)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2019
    This is great! Keep 'em coming guys.
    Howz about a "Russ peed in the corner of your listening room!" Badge? Too long, but I can't figure out how's to consolidate it.
    And Russ, I'll send you my address... :)

I'm already on my way to 5,000 Russ insults. This is great! :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Or the Nelson Pass is a hack badge
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Black paint badge.....F'n classic!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Or the Nelson Pass is a hack badge
    Russ... if any us deserves the "electric chair" badge... well brother that would be you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The "AMC channel"? Like Gremlins and Pacers and Matadors -- all the time?
    m1pqfzmwgdv7.png
    Is that Karen Carpenter, or Sharon Osbourne?

I disabled signatures.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited March 2019
    msg wrote: »
    But hey hermitism, what if I decide to sell something on the forum, and the transaction doesn't go well, and I accidentally wish death upon that person?

Honestly. That is probably the single funniest yet sad thing I have ever read on here. That's with over 3600 visits.

This thread is the best thing to happen on here all year.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member