Beginning of the end.....

We have regularly criticized polk for the switch to vanilla because of censorship issues and glitches. But look how we speak to each other despite that.

We have told anyone who would listen that “we can moderate ourselves”. Look what happens when we have no moderator.

What an embarrassing display of childish immaturity and without a mod those comments are there for eternity.

This forum is on borrowed time and it really is a shame. I will be surprised if this place isn’t shut down by the weekend.
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    If everyone keeps posting thoughts like that, it will be.

Polk has yet to fill the position, doesn't mean they are never going to. Once done, hopefully those posts you speak of will get deleted. Whole threads actually.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I don't see anything out of the ordinary
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    edited March 2019
    nothing to see here, bad joke, move along...
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Don't make a post in THAT thread. I made a comment, and as soon as I did I realized all I succeeded in doing is bringing that thread to the top of Recent Discussions, which isn't what is best for the forum.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Actually @shawn474 some of us did the best that we could to moderate that thread to the best of our abilities.
    Embarrassing yep.
    I do not remember this stuff happening when you had to have a certain amount of posts to even see or post the FS threads.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2019
    I wasn’t pointing fingers at anyone in particular; that was a systemic collective escalation which we all have been guilty of in the past. We can put as many rules as possible in place but you can’t policy for common courtesy and respect sadly.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Did I miss something? :o

Or was I part of something? :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Some people are very emotional and tend to make responses in threads that rub some people the wrong way.

Some of the people who are rubbed the wrong way react emotionally instead of rationally.

People are usually educated factually but not emotionally

C'est la vie!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    I don't really know what the "H" stands for in that JHC. Any informed scholars know?

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Hypertension. He lived a stressful life.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Tony M wrote: »
    I don't really know what the "H" stands for in that JHC. Any informed scholars know?

JFC.....
  • Tony M
    "Jiminy H. Cricket!".

Now I F know.
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I hate to admit, but I scrolled up this entire page looking at screen names trying to figure out who JHC was. Lack of sleep on my part, I guess.

I was trying to figure out how Shawn474 could be a person with initials JHC
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    OMG, WTF RU...NM, SNAFU.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    A public service announcement on censorship ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4