EMO Loving

Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
Trying out the new signiture reference 3ch 450wpc amp.....for those of you that don't hate emo too much B)

d0oxs0aqqe0l.jpg
xav7xu9aec07.jpg
hbystfgx54gh.jpg
zgio1on7xhjt.jpg
723yz94jia7h.jpg
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Very nice!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    edited March 2019
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    Trying out the new signiture reference 3ch 450wpc amp.....for those of you that don't hate emo too much B) ]

I think those that hate EMO don't know EMO. Considering the price, their gear gives excellent bang for the buck!

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "loose the dogs of war!"
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    I’ve had an XPA5 gen 2 pushing my HT for about 4 years or so. It drives some Paradigms and Time Windows with ease on multi-channel SACDs, and sounds pretty tight.

Hope you’re enjoying that new piece. Looks pretty cool.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congrats, enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Trying out the new signiture reference 3ch 450wpc amp.....for those of you that don't hate emo too much B) ]

I think those that hate EMO don't know EMO. Considering the price, their gear gives excellent bang for the buck!

The amps I've heard were unrefinded and I could hear the disc spinning in the CDP from 6 feet away. No thanks at any price.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Geoff4rfc
    F1nut wrote: »
    No thanks at any price.

Lol, I've missed you Jesse! I was wondering if throw in some loose change. I would dig it if you came over for a listen. Just let me know what your favorite refreshment is before you head...….

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Root beer B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited March 2019
    No thanks at any price.

Lol, I've missed you Jesse! I was wondering if throw in some loose change. I would dig it if you came over for a listen. Just let me know what your favorite refreshment is before you head...….

Looking at the gear listed in your sig, would you also be providing uncle Jesse with some high quality ear plugs? :p;)o:)

RELAX people, it's a joke! B):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Looks good to me. I really liked the 2nd Gen. XPA1s we had on the 705s.

Congrats!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    edited March 2019
    Nice. looks a lot like my room.
    I have found the new Differential Reference 3 to be a much better amp compared to the Gen2 I was running. The noise floor is so much better and the extra power is noticeably with the 9s. everything is tighter and more controlled.
    The DR3 does need 2.1V for the full output so moving to XLRs would make your setup even better.

For theater Emo is a good amp I am happy with them. Now for 2channel I am excited for the new Stellar 300 I just ordered.

pxhvx796rpd0.jpeg
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • Geoff4rfc
    Root beer B)

Henry Weinhards Root beer already in the fridge, goes great with vanilla bean ice cream....of course there is Elysian Space dust too :#

[/quote]

Looking at the gear listed in your sig, would you also be providing uncle Jesse with some high quality ear plugs? :p;)o:)
    [/quote]

Best laugh I've had all day, even before I saw the tag line at the bottom :D

• Geoff4rfc
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Nice. looks a lot like my room.
    I have found the new Differential Reference 3 to be a much better amp compared to the Gen2 I was running. The noise floor is so much better and the extra power is noticeably with the 9s. everything is tighter and more controlled.
    The DR3 does need 2.1V for the full output so moving to XLRs would make your setup even better.

For theater Emo is a good amp I am happy with them. Now for 2channel I am excited for the new Stellar 300 I just ordered.

pxhvx796rpd0.jpeg

Wow, awesome looking gear! Sadly my Integra doesn't have balanced pre-outs, I would love to go balanced connections.

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Hey,

I like Emo, in fact I have an XPA3Gen3. Nice amp and great for the price. I'm not saying it's a Parasound or NAD but it is a good amp. I listen to a lot of music and do find it very musical. For HT it rocks. A lot better than trying to run my system off my AVR.

When I was shopping for an amp Emo was the best choice. B&K used 20 year old amp for $800 was not in the cards for me. All the used Parasounds where way out of my price range and I read a few bad reviews on the Monolith amps so I went with Emo and glad I did.

Jessie, anytime you want to come over for a listen my door is open sir. Open for a few others too.

Congrats and rock on.

L
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Geoff4rfc Is that the DIFFERENTIAL REFERENCE™?
  • Geoff4rfc
    afterburnt wrote: »

Yes sir, the DR3, and thanks to doblyd, who had to go and stick the XLR bug in my ear (thanks dude, really thanks) (oh well, I'm not married anymore, what the hey), I've got a nice (old in production but a new refurb) little pre on the way B)

• dolbyd
    afterburnt wrote: »

Yes sir, the DR3, and thanks to doblyd, who had to go and stick the XLR bug in my ear (thanks dude, really thanks) (oh well, I'm not married anymore, what the hey), I've got a nice (old in production but a new refurb) little pre on the way B)

Your Welcome :)
    We all help each other spend money.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

• Geoff4rfc
    edited March 2019
    dolbyd wrote: »

Your Welcome :)
    We all help each other spend money.

Yeah, I know, but it's usually ME spending someone else's $$$$ :smiley:

You're timing was good though my friend. AC4L has an Integra 80.2 for sale at a price point that I couldn't refuse.

I'm not interested in Atmos so the 9.2 configuration from the Integra is fine with me. And, my BRP allows me to do separate video and audio HDMI so I can still view 4K.

This time next week, I'll be experiencing balanced connections!

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    How is the DR vs the XPA?

I was just wondering.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Geoff4rfc
    mrloren wrote: »

I was just wondering.

I'll be doing some serious listening from the 1st to the 4th. The A9's can take anything you throw at them, we'll see then.

• dolbyd
    mrloren wrote: »

I was just wondering.

The DR is great amp. The speakers sound like they are more relaxed with the DR. They don’t have any hint of being overdriven. The 9s are more controlled and bass is very clean. The background noise is nonexistent too. I only have about 50 hours on the amp and it is more impressive each time we fire it up.

I also see a difference when we ran Audyssey. On the XPA 2 it set the crossover at 40hz. When I ran the DR it wants to set it at Full Bandwidth.

The amp does need 2.1V on the DR. The XPA needs 1.2V. So you will need an XLR Pre/Pro to get the benefit of the DR.
    Your XPA is a perfect match voltage wise for your Marantz now. I also think the XPA3 you have is plenty of juice for your S60s.
    The 9s are so power hungry the DR is perfect for them. On any of my other systems I would be happy with an XPA for sure