Parasound 1500a

Hey Polk fam - it has been awhile.

Up for sale is my Parasound 1500a in good condition. I’ll snap a few photos tomorrow.

$500 shipped.

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Welcome back. GLWYS.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    put me in line for now please
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    This amp will rock your system all day and all night with room to spare! Someone be smart and grab it!!!!

GLWTS.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    I don’t need this but tempting.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Is this a step up from my A23? Lateral? Down?
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    teekay0007 wrote: »

IMO, a step up. I liked my HCA 1500A more than the A21. I found it to be warmer and a more forward midrange than the A21.

The 1500A's seem to be built like tanks as well. I've had mine for a long time and no matter what it seems to be the one part of my system that I would never consider selling. Even if I replaced it in my 2ch rig, I would happily find a new home for it in my home.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    They don’t come up for sale often so grab it while you can. I preferred this amp to every other that I’ve owned including a pair of 300b tube monoblocks and my Pass Aleph. It’s one that you plug in and you immediately know what it’s doing.

Also have some fully modded CRS+’s that’ll be listed soon.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    edited March 2019

Also have some fully modded CRS+’s that’ll be listed soon.

I’ll be watching with my good eye. Your location ??
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    San Diego. Did I mention they’ll come with the original stands, and that they’re in black, and that the sale includes the Dreadnaught? ;)
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    San Diego. Did I mention they’ll come with the original stands, and that they’re in black, and that the sale includes the Dreadnaught? ;)

Well I’m in PA :'(
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited March 2019
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    teekay0007 wrote: »

The 1500A's seem to be built like tanks as well. I've had mine for a long time and no matter what it seems to be the one part of my system that I would never consider selling. Even if I replaced it in my 2ch rig, I would happily find a new home for it in my home.

Totally agree. I've moved up to a PS Audio BHK-250 amp in my 2 channel system but have owned two 1500A's for the past 6+ years.

One's used for home theater and the other is in storage as a backup. Took allot more coin to move from the Parasound. Used on 2B's, CRS+, 1C's, 705's and 1.2tl's, to name a few speakers. All SDA's heavily modded w/much larger inductors and the 1500's, assuming a bit more load, never failed. Said many times on this forum...Parasound + SDA = sweet music.

Haven't heard the A21 or A23 but know the 1500A is worth every penny, stock, and can be upgraded by a good tech to even better results.

GLWTS!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I'm late to the party but put me in line.

As am I. To the whole paramount thing! Never owned or heard one.

Not in line! :smile: Looks to be a quick sale!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Had this amp with a pair of modded 2Bs. Great combo!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Other than the auto on feature, are there any other differences between the 1500a and the 1500?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I am going to pass....bump.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Someone needs to buy this. If I had extra cash and space I'd buy this one and run them as monos.
  • Bgoodfella
    Bgoodfella Posts: 107
    Thats a sweet amp - im surprised noone has bought it yet! If i wasnt trying to track down a 2205a I'd be all over it. Good luck!
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Monster 850i interconnects ( not sure what everyone hates about these - maybe my untrained ears are too innocent to know what's bad)
    Parasound HCA2205A amplifier
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • gilberca
    gilberca Posts: 34
    PM sent
    Main System: SDA 1B, Marantz PM8006, Parasound HCA1500, Marantz CD6006, B&O Tx2, Sonos Connect
    Office setup: Marantz M-CR611, CNote Speakers
    TV Room: Marantz SR5014, Polk TSI200s, TSI100s, Signature S10s, PSW125, TSI CS20, Sonos Connect
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    gilberca wrote: »
    PM sent

buy it.......buy it....seriously, you won't be disappointed.
  • jpdnkstr
    jpdnkstr Posts: 13
    I already have a parasound 2003a running my front stage, would I notice any Sonic difference if I put my left and right on the 1500a, keeping my center on the 2003a and then run the rear channels off the other two on the 2003a? When I'm listening to music it almost always in stereo, I only use surround for movies. I don't mean to derail the classified thread but I know everyone looks at these and thought you might chime in. Thanks in advance for any input.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Welcome! Keep the 2003a on your front stage and put the 1500a on the rears. All your speakers will now sound terrific. If you get The Dark Side Of the Moon SACD and run it in 5channel mode you will be amazed at how great it sounds.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mthebull
    mthebull Posts: 41
    Would this be a good match for some 2.3tl ‘s or no?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    YES! Is this sold? If not somebody better send him some money before I do...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • gilberca
    I've been corresponding with audiocr381ve to get a measured depth of the amp that includes the rear binding posts. That's the only hold up for me on pulling the trigger on buying it. I assume the protocol here is that once someone sends the seller a PM that folks will hold off until that person either buys or bails out on the transaction.
    Main System: SDA 1B, Marantz PM8006, Parasound HCA1500, Marantz CD6006, B&O Tx2, Sonos Connect
    TV Room: Marantz SR5014, Polk TSI200s, TSI100s, Signature S10s, PSW125, TSI CS20, Sonos Connect
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    What happened to having 100 posts before you can buy gear?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gilberca
    The rules state that the Seller needs to specify that in the add.
    Quote from the Rules:
    "Being able to offer items for sale or trade is considered, by its membership, to be an earned privilege. To earn this privilege a member must accumulate at least 100 meaningful posts before he is permitted to offer anything for sale or for trade. What qualifies as "meaningful" is determined by the moderators and "for sale/trade" posts will be deleted if they are in violation of the rules.

Sellers are not restricted as to the number of posts a potential buyer has, they are encouraged to use common sense in all transactions and agree that responsibility for all aspects of the transaction handling are theirs and the buyers. If a seller wishes to limit the acceptability of potential buyers he must include this as part of the item's description."

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL. Feeling guilty?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.