pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    mpf099ybf5kt.jpeg

Neil Young • Freedom
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    @pumpkinman You played a bunch of great albums yesterday, Robin Trower; Roots and Branches, early Humble Pie (the1st two), Small Faces- ONGF, The Misunderstood, Aardvark, Caravan, CSNY... Ones I really enjoy also.
  • pumpkinman
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    @pumpkinman You played a bunch of great albums yesterday, Robin Trower; Roots and Branches, early Humble Pie (the1st two), Small Faces- ONGF, The Misunderstood, Aardvark, Caravan, CSNY... Ones I really enjoy also.

Well thank you for reaching out. All are favoritess. While I’m always on the hunt for new to me music there are days I need to spin long time favorites. I hope you’re having an enjoyable Sunday.

Bill
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    5509wigs2czh.jpeg

David Crosby • If I Could Only Remember My Name
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    bmd1vvsbzcch.jpeg

2-fed CD
    The Beacon Street Union
    The Eyes Of The Beacon Street Union / The Clown Died In Marvin Gardens
    Includes both their albums misus one track from the second album. This really sucks as I would have gladly paid for an extra disc.

From Wikipedia:

The Bosstown Sound (or Boston Sound) was the catchphrase of a marketing campaign to promote psychedelic rock and psychedelic pop bands in Boston, Massachusetts, in the late 1960s. The concept was conceived by the record producer Alan Lorber as a marketing strategy intended to establish several underground musical artists native to the city on the national charts and compete with the popular San Francisco Sound. Lorber chose Boston for his plan because of the several bands developing in the city, the abundance of music venues (such as the Boston Tea Party), and the proximity of MGM Records, which had signed the core groups.

The Bosstown Sound was promoted as harnessing the hallucinogenic essence of psychedelia, also known at the time as acid rock. Numerous bands were involved, but the groups Ultimate Spinach, the Beacon Street Union, and Orpheus were the most prominent. The Boston music scene briefly captured the interest of the youth culture, and recordings by bands from Boston achieved positions on the Billboard 200 chart. However, by the end of 1969, the campaign faltered, its advertisements rejected by listeners. Critics panned the groups involved, and few of the Bosstown bands survived after the scene collapsed. Opinions are still mixed, but the music of these bands has received more positive assessments in recent years.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Elvis Costello released This Year’s Model on this date in 1978
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    I'm spinning my autographed Anne Bisson album. I have fond memories of that RMAF with Carl. He took a pic of me with Anne while she told me 'don't give me no lines and keep your hands to yourself.' :D

qwst441l9p4t.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pumpkinman
    8rguj2ayslvk.jpeg

Dick Dale • Tribal Thunder

R.I.P. Double D
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2019
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    8rguj2ayslvk.jpeg

R.I.P. Double D

R.I.P. Double D.

Now that LotRings fellowship journey album art clock is something I'd buy! B)I think I almost did one night!!

I want to cut out a wood panel of that outline and put it over the entrance door to my cottage some day. ;) I have a very nice band saw to do it with too!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Dug out the SACD tonight. Hopefully I'll get my room organized this week and start putting up real screen shots instead of canned pics. Any loving the sounds of Ray on the Quad 12L actives and ML 700W.

Genius_loves_company.jpg
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • pumpkinman
    Tony M wrote: »
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    8rguj2ayslvk.jpeg

R.I.P. Double D

R.I.P. Double D.

Now that LotRings fellowship journey album art clock is something I'd buy! B)I think I almost did one night!!

I want to cut out a wood panel of that outline and put it over the entrance door to my cottage some day. ;) I have a very nice band saw to do it with too!

A Christmas gift from my daughter. She had it shipped from Europe but I don’t remember which country.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    0ff3vr1h1hrf.jpeg

Gary Numan • Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)........Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Kind of Blue 5.1 DVD
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pumpkinman
    hv294s1cwn4k.jpeg

The Doors • Strange Days......Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited March 2019
    Skipped over the Doors 5.1 and went w/
    Gentle Giant Octopus 5.1 blu ray <- Uniformly great on a multi-channel setup
    Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Juno Reactor on the big rig! The Cary SLP is surrounding me! :smile:
    us87puk62t7t.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    zb6e4hfy58lg.png
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    au1ldtmiyz63.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Chuck Berry died on this date two years ago
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    What’s that bourbon like?
    tratliff wrote: »
    kgdrdgixll6s.jpeg

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I was reading an article from 2003 by a reviewer and he said this:

Solo instruments and voice often show what a component does best, while dense, complicated music is full of opportunities to trip that same component up. When I want to lay a component bare, I listen to Mr. Bungle’s California [Ipecac 947447-2].

This album has earned me enemies at hi-fi shows, partly because it’s challenging to listen to but mostly because it can reduce some speakers and low-powered amplifiers to smoking, amusical rubble

I was curious as a cat to how this album sounds. Ordered the CD from Amazon and as one person who purchased said: "It will get you high without any drugs". WOW!!

4zozmbw88xn4.jpg
    nt7w9basq0sl.jpg

The album of his first album gives a better picture of what to expect:dbev51kizzyz.jpg

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Had to be the strangest collection of song names ever on an album.
  • pumpkinman
    wkzkp7so42ea.jpeg

The Kinks • Muswell Hillbillies
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    uizkty51q4di.jpeg

Hüsker Dü • Candy Apple Grey
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg