Was wondering if a Halfer XL600 is powerful enough to power SDA SRS 2.3TL

Options
I don’t know if my amp destroy speakers. I don’t want to spend money on fixing up the speakers if I I will destroy them. My uncle said to not turn up the volume high, other wise. They will be ruined. I had the the EQ, amp, pre amp gone through. They all are in good working condition. It’s been 20 years or so since the crossovers have been serviced and who knows how long for the drivers and tweeters. A year ago, she sounded great! Now I can’t bare to listen because they sound like ****.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• BLACKWIDOWSLAYR
    BLACKWIDOWSLAYR Posts: 22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The mw6510 is discontinued, what do I get instead? So I put multimeter to ac voltage and put the positive tester to one of the top slots and the negative in the ground, the bottom one that looks like a hole?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In most cases 4-6" off back wall will give you better bass. You buy used mw6510 like the rest of us.

Those bookshelf things behind the speakers aren't helping in the sound dept. Might be causing a particular frequency to boost or null out.

In smaller rooms bigger speakers can overwhelm the room. Hence the need for a bigger room for them to breathe.

Answers