Marantz with Polk SDA SRS 2's How will they pair?

124»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    IME, it's the relay that goes bad before anything else.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• @TennMan , I actually have a electronics repairman working on it . He has already found out it is not the relay . he already replaced a couple bad caps on the relay board and he has taken out both channels to looks at the board but he still has to do more research . He still has not found the problem and he has worked on it several hours . Thanks for info !
  • Hey there everyone! I hope you all have had a great Easter! I wanted to update everyone on here, that is if anyone cares at this point. I realize the thread did get a little bit long but I did want to thank everyone once again for your advice. I really appreciate it.
    Well, after a 360 dollar repair bill for my Marantz I was pretty bummed! I continued searching for the tight punchy bass that I was looking for and had been searching for a pair of real wood SDA's, not the vinyl wrapped particle board that Polk's used in their lower end SDA speakers,they do sound great but I am a sucker for real wood, or real wood veneer,I should say! After offering 500 dollars on a pair of SDA 1 c's in like new condition, and then the Ebay seller **** me over and selling it to someone else a week later after my bid had expired I was pretty pissed off. especially since I was communicating with the seller all along while they were on vacation! The seller told me they would contact me when back from vacation. Well, they lied!
    Anyway, after continuing to search for more Polks that I was after but none being available locally I decided to go in a different direction for some near mint RSL ELAN speakers that had all of the bass that I was after and real wood cabinets! I will definitely be on the hunt for some more Polk SDA's when they become available. I did sell my SDA CRS speakers because I just wasn't getting the bass out of them that I really wanted . I loved the imaging of the Polks and will buy some SDA's with a 12 inch PR if I see them locally and for the right price! Pretty dry out here as far as Polks are concerned! Anyway, have a great week everyone and thanks again! BTW, so far I am loving the RSL Elans!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    TennMan wrote: »
    You guys are going to kick me in the teeth for saying this. :)

I think a pair of 10Bs converted to SDAs, using CRS+ parts, might be a good size speaker for a 10x13 room. That gets you a front firing passive for a little more impact and a bigger cabinet volume resulting in a little deeper bass that is still tight. It can be done easily without modifications other than drilling one small hole inside the 10B cabinet to mount the CRS+ crossover. I used a pair of SDA-10Bs in my 14x20 room (11' ceiling) for over a year before finding my 2Bs. I preferred them over my CRS+ although the CRS+ has a slightly wider soundstage.

Just read this thread. Interesting. Converting Monitor 10's to SDA's? Whoa. Any details @TennMan :smile:

Apologize if this is interpreted as a thread jack! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    edited April 2019
    verb wrote: »
    Just read this thread. Interesting. Converting Monitor 10's to SDA's? Whoa. Any details @TennMan :smile:

Apologize if this is interpreted as a thread jack! :smile:
    @verb Here's a link to the thread that covers my entire journey from proposing the conversion to it's completion. It's pretty long but a good read if you are interested. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/129598/has-anyone-tried-this-before-sda-crs-10/p1

• SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet