msg
msg Posts: 9,309
Talk about system burn in.
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    ????????????????????????????
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2019
    ^^Get yourself a big old mouthful of straight KY premium bourbon. You will then experience the KY hug.

Or shine, which is the KY slam.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    Yeah, I just read about that - the Kentucky Body Slam!
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited March 2019
    Scott is learning about sipping some good Bourbon :)

The Kentucky hug & Kentucky chew!

Bookers batch 2018-03 is called "Kentucky Chew"
    http://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-whiskey/bookers-bourbon-batch-2018-03-kentucky-chew-review/

Helps burn in the system pretty good!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • msg
    I love you guys. We should all quit our jobs and get a beach house together.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    edited March 2019
    I spent 30 years of my early life in KY. Bourbon withstanding, a lot of corn liquor has graced this palate.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    voltz wrote: »

http://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-whiskey/bookers-bourbon-batch-2018-03-kentucky-chew-review/

nybo5oivc65n.png

Nice! Is that available nationwide?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited March 2019
    I've spent a lot of time in Bardstown, KY and Booker was a very accessible person. He liked his Bourbon the way I like mine...I prefer the barrel strength. Preferred.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I spent 30 years of my early life in KY. Bourbon withstanding, a lot of corn liquor has graced this palate.

That explains everything Craig :D:D
  • voltz
    verb wrote: »

nybo5oivc65n.png

yes but the past years like 2016 and 2017 are hard to find except in small stores that may have them still on their shelves.

I had 10 different Bookers versions and many backups :)
    They always come in a small wooden box...the 30th anniversary version boxes was made from the floor of the warehouse/storage rooms that Booker walk on ;)

Booker Noe made 4 special version of Jim Beam products
    Basil hayden
    Knob Creek
    Bakers (name after Baker Beam)
    and Bookers which is cask strength! Booker said let the people decide wither to drink it full strength or water it down to the level they want!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• voltz
    edited March 2019
    Bookers Son Fred Noe who is now the head Distiller at Jim Beam and Jim Beam was his uncle has many you tube video and I think and Jimmy Russel from Wild turkey are 2 of the great ones and very good friends...look for interviews of this 2 men!

Come to Lone Star Audio Fest in May and I will offer you a taste of Bookers 2018-03 batch :)

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    verb wrote: »

nybo5oivc65n.png

oh that looooooks soooooo good.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • voltz
    edited March 2019
    it is...The bookers are all different..no 2 are a like as they pick them from different floors of the warehouses and etc.... and they all have different names.

and they are not watered down. I recomend tasting them at full strenght then adding like 5 or 6 drops of water letting it sit for 10 minutes and try again..

you will have taste two different bourbons then :smile: as the watering down a bit will open it up and the taste wont be so cover by the higher alcohol level but most time i like it full strength but not always ;)

• motorhead43026
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, those KY women are finger licking good.

KY, home of beautiful horses and fast women.

• msg
    Kentucky Huuug...
    The question is, should one go for the Kentucky Squeeze? On a school night? (doesn't take much anymore. I'll have a hangover by 8pm)

Last time Kentucky got the best of me, things got a little outta hand. Someone at my dinner table got hit upside the head with a corn cob - fully weighted, and winged at full velocity (it was an accident!) - I nearly got my A kicked, and I was layin' nekkid in my street yelling at my then gf to come look at the stars with me. My street has become a cut-through, so I'd prob get run over now and reported on Next Door for having too much fun.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Switched to Gatorade. Calamity averted. Need to steady up to go install a new phono cart. Ah, youth... I do not miss those occasional hangovers one bit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    I think you have been drinking. You need Amanda Hugnkiss..
  • msg
    lol - I was like wtf? and then once I said it out loud...
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Maybe try the Tim Smith or Tickle brew instead of that rot-gut Kentucky swill. Why buy that foreign stuff when you got some very good home state brewed stuff right in your own backyard!
    Rookie!
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited December 2023
    Here in my backyard, I recently discovered 13th Colony Bourbon. Local shop has it for $34. Better to me than many I've seen highly recommended at three times the price.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwX2TDlYjg
    Post edited by CGTIII on
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    1st question i ask others "Are you a smooth or bitie bourbon drinker" That way I know their taste profiles.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 520
    it is...The bookers are all different..no 2 are a like as they pick them from different floors of the warehouses and etc.... and they all have different names.

and they are not watered down. I recomend tasting them at full strenght then adding like 5 or 6 drops of water letting it sit for 10 minutes and try again..

you will have taste two different bourbons then :smile: as the watering down a bit will open it up and the taste wont be so cover by the higher alcohol level but most time i like it full strength but not always ;)

Bookers is "hot" and can definitely use lots of air time and a bit of water. One strategy is to pour a sip before dinner (with water, as it opens up as mentioned above), let it sit for an hour, to "flash off", lol, and enjoy afterward.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses