RIP Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Options
Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,607
edited March 2019 in The Clubhouse
Just saw the awful news this morning that Keith Flint of The Prodigy is dead at 49 years old. Liam Howlett sadly confirmed that the cause of death was suicide. RIP.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/04/uk/keith-flint-prodigy-dead-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

When I saw the article pop up on my screen, I was fully stunned for a moment, I had to re-read the headline several times. The news is hitting me much harder than I would've imagined. :(

Prodigy was favorite group for many years, after being exposed to them when I was 13 years old by hearing "Firestarter" and then later "Breathe". Their music was monumental in me discovering electronic music, and I would not be where I am today without having heard their songs.

I can't tell you how many hours me and my friends spent listening to Prodigy's tracks over and over. When Firestarter was released, it's sound was unlike anything else at the time, and it created a spark (no pun intended) inside of me that inspired a lifelong journey of appreciation and love for electronic music.

Keith was always the face of the group and the member who I for some reason felt the most connected with. He was incredibly talented and had an insane stage presence and energy. I just wish I could have seen him perform live in concert before he left us. May he rest in peace.

stream_img.jpg

d103e27d20e875e72151156be9cdd55d--s-fashion-my-music.jpg?b=t

Post edited by Clipdat on

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    Aw man.

The early to mid 90s was a great time for new music, and I agree, The Prodigy's sound was unique and a great fit in the evolution of musical exploration for me, from my initial exposure to industrial in the early 90s with NIN and Ministry, and then into the electronic side with Lords of Acid and Praga Khan with Prodigy soon after. Great music for expression of young angst, even if just with headphones on furiously pedaling around the woods or a good gym workout.

A real shame here. Must have been battling for a while.
    I disabled signatures.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Wow. Was one of my fav bands first summer after graduation
    Smack my b**h up!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    I was in Rolling Stones Records when I first heard the Prodigy. I asked the cute girl behind the counter who it was and she walked me over to the CD. I purchased it and I was actually listening to it a few weeks ago. RIP
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    I was in Rolling Stones Records when I first heard the Prodigy. I asked the cute girl behind the counter who it was and she walked me over to the CD. I purchased it and I was actually listening to it a few weeks ago. RIP

You get her number?

I was 'surfing' youtube last night and Prodigy made it to my 'suggested' list multiple times. Listened to "Breathe" and "Firestarter"--took me back...
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    You get her number?

Nope. They were all highly trained in the art of flirting and looking cute to generate sales (they never had a guy working behind the counter ;) ).
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10