Peter Frampton tour

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited February 2019 in Music & Movies
I just got tix to see Peter Frampton (w/Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening) at SPAC (Saratoga, NY) on September 1. I have never seen him live and always wanted to. I found out about this tour this morning; the pre-sale started today. I read that this is his farewell tour (truly last tour, unlucky some artists who have a farewell tour every 3 or 4 years) as he was diagnosed with a rare muscle wasting disease and most likely won't be able to play the guitar in the (hopefully distant) future. Has anyone seen him (or Jason Bonham's LZ Evening) recently? How was the show? Tix prices were pretty reasonable too, considering how pricey concerts are now.

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, saw an interview with him last week I think it was. He explained the disease he is fighting. It is starting to have a big effect on his hands.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    it was sad to hear.
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Never seen PF but caught the Jason Bohnam show last November at "The Tabernacle" in Atlanta. Hell of a good show!

Asked the wife about getting tickets to the Frampton tour but she said she wasn't really interested. I would love to hear "Do You Feel Like We Do" live.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Saw Frampton several times dating back to the follow up tour to the Comes Alive album. Great performer. Sad to hear of his health issues. Never seen Jason other than playing with Sammy Hagar in the Circle. Awesome drummer, chip off the old block.