Polk SDA CRS+ 4.1TL's

Polk SDA CRS+ 4.1TL's

Completely refreshed using Clarity Caps, Mills resisters, and updated to the RDO-198’s.
Highly desirable (and quite uncommon) real wood veneer refinished in Black Cherry. New grill cloth (of course). Larry’s rings, VR3 crossover plates, Cardis(?) terminals, and Nutrik connectors for the upgraded(Belkin) interconnect cable. Complete with the original stands.

I’ve owned these for at least 6 years now and they are out of the rotation due to my 3.1TL’s, and a host of other speaker choices I have. Yes, they sound as great as everyone says CRS+ 4.1TL’s do, I just don’t have anymore space…

I’d like to stay in the proximity of Houston, but could be persuaded to meet somewhere within a couple of hours.

$475 - PM for pics.

Comments

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    I'd love to get a hold of these, but far too far away from Houston. Love my CRS+'s. Good luck
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Polk SDA CRS+ 4.1TL's

Completely refreshed using Clarity Caps, Mills resisters, and updated to the RDO-198’s.
    Highly desirable (and quite uncommon) real wood veneer refinished in Black Cherry. New grill cloth (of course). Larry’s rings, VR3 crossover plates, Cardis(?) terminals, and Nutrik connectors for the upgraded(Belkin) interconnect cable. Complete with the original stands.

I’ve owned these for at least 6 years now and they are out of the rotation due to my 3.1TL’s, and a host of other speaker choices I have. Yes, they sound as great as everyone says CRS+ 4.1TL’s do, I just don’t have anymore space…

I’d like to stay in the proximity of Houston, but could be persuaded to meet somewhere within a couple of hours.

$475 - PM for pics.

Sounds nice....but one idea.
    Sometimes putting a few pics with the posting, will generate interest faster.

Either way sounds nice!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    K_M wrote: »
    Polk SDA CRS+ 4.1TL's

$475 - PM for pics.

Sounds nice....but one idea.
    Sometimes putting a few pics with the posting, will generate interest faster.

Either way sounds nice!

I know. On the other hand, if someone doesn't know what they look like in pristine condition, they probably aren't a potential buyer. Otherwise, I'll send them pics via e-mail or text.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Won't last long at that price, SUPER DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Would love to have them, but live in OH. If you decide to ship, please keep me in mind. Were any other mods/upgrades done to them, e.g. IC, terminals, internal wiring, sound dampening, cementing magnets, hurricane nuts/Larry's rings?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Would love to have them, but live in OH. If you decide to ship, please keep me in mind. Were any other mods/upgrades done to them, e.g. IC, terminals, internal wiring, sound dampening, cementing magnets, hurricane nuts/Larry's rings?

Stated right in the first post....

• DollarDave
    edited February 2019

Yes, internal dampening, IC, and terminals were all upgraded. I loctited the magnets and used Larry’s rings. I dynamited the baskets, as well. I did not change the internal wiring.

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Going out on a limb here . . . If you'll consider shipping, I'm in
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • DollarDave
    GlennDog wrote: »

If someone had boxes to loan to us, I could ship them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    They would be worth the extra money in shipping to have them IMO..
  • GlennDog
    Yepper!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog wrote: »

If someone had boxes to loan to us, I could ship them.

In a perfect world, an Awesome Polkie would ship empty boxes to you.

You ship the speaks to me and I ship empty boxes back to the Awesome Polkie!!

If only . . .
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Send pics so I can drool on a what if scenario ....
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Uhaul sells "Large Wardrobe" boxes that will work. You'll have to go to your local home improvement store and purchase several sheets of 1" thick solid core foam insulation and make your own cocoons for the speakers and stands. It is possible but it is a lot of work.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    halo wrote: »
    Uhaul sells "Large Wardrobe" boxes that will work. You'll have to go to your local home improvement store and purchase several sheets of 1" thick solid core foam insulation and make your own cocoons for the speakers and stands. It is possible but it is a lot of work.

Ed Zachary and put the speakers in plastic bags or wrap them in that thin soft foam sheeting first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Cut out around the binding post for the foam but still make sure they are protected from outside forces.
  • DollarDave
    PM sent

Replied.
  • Dr_Wu
    Thanks Dave. Can't wait to get them. PP on the way as soon as I have your email. :happy camper:
  • Dr_Wu
    Thanks brother. Been looking to move up from my earliest gen CRSs (bought as soon as I heard them in '84). Upgraded and modded this Summer and sound great, but the CRS+ and 4.1TL pair has been calling my name. "Hey Wu, buy meeeee!"
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations Dr Wu, 4.1tl's with the original stands to boot good job enjoy.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Dr_Wu
    All credit to DollarDave. Super gentleman to deal with!
  • DollarDave
    These are sold.

SDA 2B-TL’s still available
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Its awesome that some folks are the willing to be flexible to shipping. I bought my rta15tl speakers on craigslist from Denver Co to Maine & had fedex pick them up at his house. Special thanks to DollarDave to keep the speakers in the Polk Forum family
    Randy/Maine