Goodbye and good wishes to Kenneth Swauger

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Ken!

Is there a rule that a former Moderator can't become a participating member? If there isn't, try not to get banned on your first day unleashed!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Thanks Ken. You da man!!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Thank you Ken! I appreciate you!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Best wishes Ken!!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Enjoy!!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited February 2019
    I will particularly miss Ken's link to the history of both Polk and the Baltimore area hifi scene.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Thanks and best of luck in the future.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    You rock Ken! Thanks for putting up with us.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Ken is truly a class act. I wish him well. Many thanks for all he's done to keep this forum from collapsing in on itself many times over! He'll be missed. I pity the soul who tries to step into his shoes...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Good luck in your new endeavor Ken.
    Keep it real you've been a great wealth of info.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Wasn’t he the one who handed down my thirty day ban? No hard feelings Ken.
    Happy trails. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    What are the new joiners that have a problem with their 10 year old Polk audio subwoofers going to do now?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Your wit and wisdom will be missed. Good luck with your future endeavors.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Good luck to you, and happiness in whatever the future holds. I also hope you
    are able to come back here and join in whenever possible; to not share your wisdom
    and experience would be a sad thing for everyone on this forum.

Respectfully,
    Harry
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    My wish is for Ken to come on this forum after he leaves and make an outlandish comment and get 30 days in the hole. He would become the Ip man of club Polk
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943

Emlyn wrote: »
    Thanks Ken!

Is there a rule that a former Moderator can't become a participating member? If there isn't, try not to get banned on your first day unleashed!

Dang! I didn’t see this before I posted. Kudos.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    msg wrote: »
    Tell us who Vader is!!!
    Isn't he your FATHER?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    NOOOOOO!
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    joecoulson wrote: »
    My wish is for Ken to come on this forum after he leaves and make an outlandish comment and get 30 days in the hole. He would become the Ip man of club Polk

He's a class act. For real, so that would never happen.
  • Thanks for all you do and did Ken!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Thanks much for your assistance and input here over the years, Ken. You’ve been a great part of the foundation of a terrific family - kinda like the big toe.

No more livin’ a life of moderation for you!
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Thank you Ken for all you have done for everyone here, and best wishes in the years to come.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Tough job and thank you Ken
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    tonyb wrote: »
    He has helped me on more than one occasion. Best wishes Ken on your future endeavors.

I see how it is. Tony has problems and then Ken "disappears"

Back to a serious note, thanks for being there for us and good luck on whatever is next

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Tomorrow is Ken's last day as moderator of Club Polk. Let's all wish him the very best and thank him for his help and guidance here over the years.

Ken, as a tribute to your successful moderation, I "liked" Jesse's post.
    Welcome back Kurt. Long time no see...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Enjoy your "time in the sun"!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me