Bohemian Rhapsody 4k

My pre ordered Bohemian Rhapsody 4k arrived yesterday & watched it last night. In dolby atmos 7.2.2 it was spectacular to say the least. The bubble of sound added an incredible amount of realism & depth to the movie which absolutely put you dead center in some of the scenes.

I was listening to it a little conservatively with the volume due to my better half watching with me but, even she was in awe!

Very interesting movie. I even learned a few things that either went unnoticed in my earlier years or i just plain forgotten or never knew.
Denon AVR X4200W
Parasound A23 amplifier
Parasound A23 amplifier
LG 65" Ultra HD4k
LG 4kBR - UP970
Denon DVM 4800
Denon DP 3000 turntable
Saec 308sx tonearm w/
Dynavector 10x5 cart
Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
Polk SDA 1C's modded
Polk LSim 707
Polk LSiM706c
Polk RTiA 3's
Polk 80F/X-RT
Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
Infinity bu2 sub
"The early Klingon gets the Gagh"

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Loved the movie! Tortured soul for sure. I learned a lot too.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    I saw this movie on a flight from Phoenix to Montreal last weekend and thought it was pretty good.
    Watching it on a tablet with ear buds was far from ideal but I liked it enough to order the 4K version online.
    Looking forward to watching this on the HT.

I’ve always been a Queen fan and felt that Rami did a convincing enough job portraying Freddie in this movie.
    Cool that he won the best actor Oscar for this.
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I saw it in the theater in Imax. First time I ever saw Imax and couldn't tell what all the hubbub was about. I didn't do it on purpose, one of those online things sold me tickets in some city in Arizona that I have never been to. I had to pay for the upgrade to see it in CA, my daughter traveled pretty far to see it with me so we had to go. Great film but Imax. Is that just a code to charge you more money?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited February 2019
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I saw it in the theater in Imax. First time I ever saw Imax and couldn't tell what all the hubbub was about. I didn't do it on purpose, one of those online things sold me tickets in some city in Arizona that I have never been to. I had to pay for the upgrade to see it in CA, my daughter traveled pretty far to see it with me so we had to go. Great film but Imax. Is that just a code to charge you more money?

The Imax in Tempe has a 6 story screen, the movie is only full screen when it is shot on Imax cameras.

Next time look for the Dolby room at AMC, worth the up charge.

Edit - purchased this last week on blu ray. Looked and sounded fantastic, one of those movies where it makes you want to CRANK it.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Watched the 4K Blue Ray in my HT on a 75" Sony Z9D. Better audio than any movie theater, and the picture was great also. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    afterburnt wrote: »

Do a search on Liemax. Below is a good summary.

https://johncanfield.me/blog/brand-confused-world-imax-liemax/

The main error in the article I find is that most if not all movie "IMAX" filmed scenes are done at 16:9 or 70mm wide not the tall format. I also recall two 2K projectors being used to split the screen, or overlap for a quasi 4K. Many years ago I saw theater movie at an IMAX that was the tall IMAX format. The movie was re-edited for this release and it was "pan and scan". It was shown on a 70mm IMAX projector. On another occasion the top and bottom of the screen were not used. The screen and image was still HUGE and the seating had the steep IMAX vertical slope. It just meant I was closer to the very large screen and still near the middle of it. This was digital though. I was not all that impressed.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    I watched this last night on Blu Ray. The DTS HD Master 7.1 audio is fantastic! The last portion of the movie where they are performing at Live Aid, you really do want to be VERY generous with the volume! Excellent movie, but heartbreaking in many ways.
    No excuses!