Oral surgery

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Good luck to you hope the recovery goes well.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Good luck tomorrow!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I had stage 3 throat cancer. Fought it and won. You can too. PM me if you need a support group.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Late to the "party" but truly wish you the best, God bless you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Thanks guys. Time to go. Hopefully I'll be back :^ )
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    When you start snorting the PK's let us know and we'll do an intervention. >:)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Great news! Congrats.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Glad you got that thing out of your jaw. Now the healing and maybe a partial made to help with chewing on that side.

I hope they gave you plenty to get over the pain and discomfort for a couple weeks or more.

I had a tooth pulled about a year ago and the damn dentist prescribed me Ibuprophen. 800mg. I have heart problems in our family and we are NOT to take that much Ibuprofen at once EVER. The dentist should have that info on my introduction info chart!

I had pain and discomfort for 3 weeks and it got infected too. After 3 weeks I got a script for penicillin I think. Shaking my head in disgust right now thinking about this cities drug freak out.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Great news, take it easy for a couple of weeks.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good to hear brother!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dragon1952
    Tony M wrote: »
    Glad you got that thing out of your jaw. Now the healing and maybe a partial made to help with chewing on that side.

I hope they gave you plenty to get over the pain and discomfort for a couple weeks or more.

I had a tooth pulled about a year ago and the damn dentist prescribed me Ibuprophen. 800mg. I have heart problems in our family and we are NOT to take that much Ibuprofen at once EVER. The dentist should have that info on my introduction info chart!

I had pain and discomfort for 3 weeks and it got infected too. After 3 weeks I got a script for penicillin I think. Shaking my head in disgust right now thinking about this cities drug freak out.

Yikes! What a nightmare :^ /
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Glad you made it through the procedure without issue! What's on the recovery schedule for you aside from a lot of applesauce?
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Great news that it was a best case so to speak. Get well soon. I got my front tooth knocked right out of my mouth freshman year in high school and a few next to it busted off. Blood gushing out. I found the tooth that came out and called the dentist who said to jam it back in after washing with alcohol and clamp my mouth shut on cotton balls. Oral surgery next day. Bad pain, procedures back then were pretty prehistoric. lol. Damn tooth held in there. Dentist said maybe I’d get five years but it stayed in there 25 years. Finally, they discovered on a routine dental X-ray that my body was attacking it as a foreign object and more oral surgery to remove it. A little piece broke off way in there. More pain. Now a bridge. I think over the years between this and crowns I bought the dentist a vacation home.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Right on! You didn't need them teeth anyway! Not like you're going to be picking up chicks anymore anyhoo...

Seriously though. Rinse with salt water 3-4 times a day. No alcoholic beverages. No smoking anything. No meat products and drink carrot/ apple/ ginger juice twice a day and you'll heal up just fine.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dragon1952
    msg wrote: »
    Glad everything went well, dude. Sounded pretty involved. Times like these I'm thankful we live the times we do.

I've got a case of Corn Nuts on the way up to you.

Ha ha...oh boy :^ /
  • dragon1952
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Right on! You didn't need them teeth anyway! Not like you're going to be picking up chicks anymore anyhoo...

Seriously though. Rinse with salt water 3-4 times a day. No alcoholic beverages. No smoking anything. No meat products and drink carrot/ apple/ ginger juice twice a day and you'll heal up just fine.

I'm doomed :^ (
  • Tony M
    I didn't gargle/swish enough with the salt water and that's why I got an infection.

Salt kills everything that wants to live in your open sores now. Do it often. ;)

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    How’s it feeling today?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Somebody get that guy a BEER, STAT. Glad to hear it wasn't more invasive.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Good news! Soon, you'll be back to jawbreaker (candies) !!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Tony M
    The next day is the hardest so I hope you're doing ok too. ;)
  • dragon1952
    Well there isn't nearly as much pain as I thought...yet anyway.m In fact hardly any. But my mouth is drooping on the side of the extractions. I look like I've had a stroke :^ /
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Glad to hear things went well and that you seem to be recovering nicely. I hope the healing continues at the current pace.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony M
    No pain is a good thing. ;)

Good luck. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @dragon1952 how is your mouth feeling? Much better by now I hope.
  • dragon1952
    Yeah, I hardly notice it now, thanks for asking. I had my first follow up today and he said it looks good and I don't have to see him for 9 mos. Next step is the insert they'll have to make. What's nice is those teeth were messed up anyway. I was missing an incisor and the canine grew over into that spot instead, which made me have like this visible vampire fang, then I had a baby tooth next to that. and then a molar. So three teeth where 4 should have been, and those are the 3 that got pulled. Makes me wonder if something was destined to happen there eventually.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Just now seeing this. Glad everything with the procedure went better than expected. Wishing you a better than expected recovery.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!