Marantz NR1608.....pre-out

Hello
I was looking at the NR1608 manual, trying to find out how to use the pre-out for main front speakers, but it's not very clear
Can I use an external amp to power the front mains, and leave the receiver handle other speakers (center, front heights and surrounds)?
I can't find it in the manual........
Thanks
RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
No surround...yet

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Yes, I do exactly that.
    Welcome back! You missed me, didn't you?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    French_guy wrote: »
    Hello
    I was looking at the NR1608 manual, trying to find out how to use the pre-out for main front speakers, but it's not very clear
    Can I use an external amp to power the front mains, and leave the receiver handle other speakers (center, front heights and surrounds)?
    I can't find it in the manual........
    Thanks

Yep just run a pair of rca cables from the pre outs to the amp, then connect the speaker cable for the mains to the amp. Make sure amp is on and run audyssey. Proceed as usual!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I've been posting several times about a new receiver for my RTia5 and CSia4......
    I have now a 75" 4k TV, and was finally able to sell (just this morning) my old Pioneer VSX 920 receiver ($100...I think it was a good price)
    Now, I really need to pull the trigger on a new receiver !
    Still not sure which one to get though.....looking for the best quality/price compromise I guess
    No surround...yet
  • mdaudioguy wrote: »

How do you like your NR1608?
    No surround...yet
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I've been posting several times about a new receiver for my RTia5 and CSia4......
    I have now a 75" 4k TV, and was finally able to sell (just this morning) my old Pioneer VSX 920 receiver ($100...I think it was a good price)
    Now, I really need to pull the trigger on a new receiver !
    Still not sure which one to get though.....looking for the best quality/price compromise I guess

I would grab the SR5012 in accessories4less if that's where you are looking. Or the DENON AVR-X3400H. I had a Marantz NR for awhile in the bedroom rig, and while its great for what it is, moving up to the SR was a clear step up in sound quality.

Of all the AVRs I've owned (and I have owned a lot), the Denon AVR-X4200w I am currently running in the living room is my fav, but marantz and yamaha also make really good AVRs. Basically find one that has the features you want/need, and preouts, and you should be golden.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    I love my NR1607 feeding pre-out to the ol 1060 using the L/R bypass and Direct settings for stereo listening. Works very well. I have tried feeding both the aux input and directly into the power amp of the 1060. I prefer the aux input and having a little more gain and tone controls to warm things up. Good stuff! x1vzf9uqlk1k.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

How do you like your NR1608?
    Does precisely what I wanted/needed - allows for a separate amp to drive my main speakers, while handling the other three quite easily, and is slim enough to fit in my cabinet.
  • mdaudioguy
    JayMX wrote: »
    I love my NR1607 feeding pre-out to the ol 1060 using the L/R bypass and Direct settings for stereo listening. Works very well. I have tried feeding both the aux input and directly into the power amp of the 1060. I prefer the aux input and having a little more gain and tone controls to warm things up. Good stuff!

I like that modern/retro combo!
  • mdaudioguy
    F1nut wrote: »

Howdy back at you, Jesse. B)