AudioPrism Quietline LF-1 Mk. III Noise Filters

Options

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    These aren't the noise harvsters, but do you want to try them?

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass for now. My system is in a state of flux right now with too many pieces going in and out. I wouldn't be able to properly judge/review them.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Hermit, maybe you need to do this to properly evaluate them: ""At first, I wasn't sure I heard anything. So, after a few months of use I went around and pulled them all out. That was dramatic. I couldn't put them back in fast enough." - Bound For Sound, Issue 2a No. 94."
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options
    bought some of this guys stuff a few years back when they were $75 ea. they do work.
    https://www.alanmaherdesigns.net/
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    2/20
    headrott wrote: »
    Any progress on lowering the noise floor in your system by using these? Definitely interested. I have been thinking about buying some of these for my system. Thanks @Hermitism.
    I don't want to sell any of mine, but would you like to borrow two of them for a week and see if they make any positive improvements for you before you order some? I'd pay to ship them to you. If Dan, Scott or somebody wanted to give them a try, you pay to ship it to them, and so on.
    2/21 - I ship two noise filters.
    2/23 - headrott confirms he received items.
    3/4 - I ask headrott if he's formed any opinions.
    3/5 - headrott only has listened to them once. He tells me his thoughts on the filters and I ask him not to express his thoughts publicly so it doesn't influence the opinions of others.
    3/19 - I ask headrott if he had sent them off to Dan yet.
    3/21 - headrott replies that he was still evaluating, he said he'd contact Dan for his address.
    3/31 - headrott tells me that Dan never sent him his address.
    3/31 - I send Dan a message telling him to send headrott his address.
    3/31 - Dan tells me he's out of town.
    4/4 - headrott tells me that he still has not received Dan address.
    4/4 - I send Dan another message asking him to send headrott his address.
    4/4 - headrott tells me he received Dan's address.
    5/12 - I send Dan a message asking how he liked the filters.
    5/12 - Dan tells me he never received them.
    5/12 - Dan says he'd check around at work for them.
    5/12 - I tell Dan he should ask headrott for tracking info. to pinpoint a time frame on when they arrived.
    5/13 - No update received.

What a clusterfk this turned out to be. How about an update on where my noise filters are? The lack of communication is ridiculous. Almost three months and only one person has tried them out, time to bring this experiment to a close. I'm not a hand holder, figure it out goobers!

@headrott
    @EndersShadow

5mf731d2r5lz.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Herm I looked around yesterday at work and didn’t see anything and also PM’d headrott to ask about tracking and have yet to hear back.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    edited May 2019
    Options
    On the bright side, at least I haven't wished death upon anyone yet.

edit: (joke in reference to the for sale thread that went off the rails)
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    On the bright side, at least I haven't accidentally wished death upon anyone yet.

edit: (joke in reference to the for sale thread that went off the rails)

Fixed it for ya.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I never liked that @EndersShadow guy...never trust a sketchy dude with a soul patch!!!

35736635.gaines.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Dude... insult the soul patch..... I can live with it....

Post a pic making me look EMO.... unforgivable!!!!

I publicly apologize (already did privately to Herm) for not following up better when they never showed at my work. It slipped through the cracks but it’s still inexcusable on my part.

I’m trying to reconnect and backtrack things on my end.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Hey! I have a soul patch that I incorporated into my Fu Manchu. It's quite elegant, yet masculine. I walk a fine line!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    You guys are cool
    mqwfhvhatt3g.png

I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    It's like looking into a mirror!
  • Hermitism
    Options
    "There can be only one!" I think he was referring to the number of people that got to hear my filters.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Thread being followed. Curious to know about this soul patch that Enders has.

Couldn’t give two $h*ts about your noise harvesters. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Hey Dan, I just thought of something. When you finally sent headrott your mailing address, would it have been obvious to him that he was sending them to a business? For example:

Noncompliant, Inc.
    c/o Dan The Man
    Does Not Follow Directions Ave.
    Forgetful, IN 12345

I wrapped those in bubblewrap and slipped them into a bubblewrap mailer, so they would have easily fit into a standard sized mailbox if he reused my packaging. If he thought he was sending them to a home address, he may have used your screen name instead of your real name. I'm guessing the people in your shipping/receiving dept. wouldn't know who EndersShadow was. Unless you go by that in real life. Sometimes people call me Zigzag Shirt.

You should write a review of what you think they would have sounded like! I have his address if you want to send him an old fashion letter. It would be like email, but slower. But, faster than you sending an email. You have to have a sense of humor about it, Dan!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    That was a good early morning laugh!
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Hey Dan, I just thought of something. When you finally sent headrott your mailing address, would it have been obvious to him that he was sending them to a business? For example:

Noncompliant, Inc.
    c/o Dan The Man
    Does Not Follow Directions Ave.
    Forgetful, IN 12345

I wrapped those in bubblewrap and slipped them into a bubblewrap mailer, so they would have easily fit into a standard sized mailbox if he reused my packaging. If he thought he was sending them to a home address, he may have used your screen name instead of your real name. I'm guessing the people in your shipping/receiving dept. wouldn't know who EndersShadow was. Unless you go by that in real life. Sometimes people call me Zigzag Shirt.

You should write a review of what you think they would have sounded like! I have his address if you want to send him an old fashion letter. It would be like email, but slower. But, faster than you sending an email. You have to have a sense of humor about it, Dan!

Seriously, you are one funny person.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Hermitism
    Options
    We still have the badges to get to. This fiasco could occupy my time for a full month. I couldn't just send out one filter, I had to send out two. Two filters, two people involved... coincidence? :wink:

Dan,
    6c83xa05fd5c.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Herm it is a small office and I’d likely have been asked by our mail clerk or receptionist who the hell “EndersShadow” is if it was addressed as that.....

That said, I gave him my real name and work address. I get packages often here that are personal as do many others.

The chances it got here and returned or sitting somewhere are small.....

I will look again in the most obvious spots Monday lol.....

If anyone has his email address (due to buying/selling and sending money to his PayPal address) that would be faster but I’m not above mailing him a letter lol...

At this point the only thing you can do is laugh lol....

PS pretty sure I’m on permanent demo ban now hehehehe
  • Hermitism
    Options
    At least you're a good sport. I don't want to make you mad, you might list a karma for two noise filters!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    At least you're a good sport. I don't want to make you mad, you might list a karma for two noise filters!

My skin is thick..... I mean I hang out (by choice) with Russ, Ryan and a bunch of other miscreants from the forum lol
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options

My skin is thick..... I mean I hang out (by choice) with Russ, Ryan and a bunch of other miscreants from the forum lol

I've seen it... it's scaly thick :D
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Dan received my filters in the mail today.

The plot thickens!
    crga19x8c7ik.jpg
    Someone better write one heck of a review of these filters!

It's time for me to hand down my punishment. Time for a little role reversal. I will be acting as the senior member and the two of you will be taking the roles of newbies. Since the two of you have the responsibility level of children, I will treat you as such. I hold no ill-will towards these two individuals, but I was raised in a time when you didn't get trophies for losing and there were consequences for your actions. I'm strict, but fair.

1. I don't have the power to ban you from future demo programs, but if you do enter one, fully except to be publicly shamed by me. It won't be malicious, but it will probably feature pictures of you being beaten by a wild band of kids.

2. headrott, you will write 50 times in this thread, "In the future, I will be a prompt shipper and follow through with communications and directions."

Endershadow, you will write 50 times in this thread, "In the future, I will be a better communicator and follow up promptly."

Don't even think of using copy/paste you bunch of cheaters! I fully expect to see random misspellings and typos throughout.

3. You are both banned from entering Karmas for the period of three month. Unless, of course, it is a karma for noise filters, in which if you win you will forward the filters to me. That is how a true karma is supposed to work.

4. If either of you end up purchasing any brand of noise filters in the future, you have to let a minimum of two forum members demo them. See how you like that!

5. Hence forth, May 23rd will be known as "Noncompliant Demo Day". Each year on this day myself or another forum member will resurrect this thread in the hopes that it will teach new members that an individual's actions do effect others.

6. Once a month the two of you will contact each other privately in the hopes that this will better your communication skills. Dan, you will check on headrott and make sure he is keeping an eye on his blood sugar level. Headrott, you will make sure that Dan in eating bland foods and check on his colon. My hope is that I will be responsible for an unbreakable bond between you two and a flourishing friendship for years to come.

This is no joke. This is my punishment. Forum members are welcome to comment if they believe the punishment fits the crime, is too harsh, or too light. But my punishment is final.
    fewz1uqyk8bv.gif
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Dan received my filters in the mail today.

The plot thickens!
    crga19x8c7ik.jpg
    Someone better write one heck of a review of these filters!

It's time for me to hand down my punishment. Time for a little role reversal. I will be acting as the senior member and the two of you will be taking the roles of newbies. Since the two of you have the responsibility level of children, I will treat you as such. I hold no ill-will towards these two individuals, but I was raised in a time when you didn't get trophies for losing and there were consequences for your actions. I'm strict, but fair.

1. I don't have the power to ban you from future demo programs, but if you do enter one, fully except to be publicly shamed by me. It won't be malicious, but it will probably feature pictures of you being beaten by a wild band of kids.

2. headrott, you will write 50 times in this thread, "In the future, I will be a prompt shipper and follow through with communications and directions."

Endershadow, you will write 50 times in this thread, "In the future, I will be a better communicator and follow up promptly."

Don't even think of using copy/paste you bunch of cheaters! I fully expect to see random misspellings and typos throughout.

3. You are both banned from entering Karmas for the period of three month. Unless, of course, it is a karma for noise filters, in which if you win you will forward the filters to me. That is how a true karma is supposed to work.

4. If either of you end up purchasing any brand of noise filters in the future, you have to let a minimum of two forum members demo them. See how you like that!

5. Hence forth, May 23rd will be known as "Noncompliant Demo Day". Each year on this day myself or another forum member will resurrect this thread in the hopes that it will teach new members that an individual's actions do effect others.

6. Once a month the two of you will contact each other privately in the hopes that this will better your communication skills. Dan, you will check on headrott and make sure he is keeping an eye on his blood sugar level. Headrott, you will make sure that Dan in eating bland foods and check on his colon. My hope is that I will be responsible for an unbreakable bond between you two and a flourishing friendship for years to come.

This is no joke. This is my punishment. Forum members are welcome to comment if they believe the punishment fits the crime, is too harsh, or too light. But my punishment is final.
    fewz1uqyk8bv.gif

Dilly Dilly!

• Clipdat
    Options
    Forum members are welcome to comment if they believe the punishment fits the crime, is too harsh, or too light. But my punishment is final.

Harsh, but fair.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    delkal wrote: »

If you want to test it out look at the light and have someone turn on a hairdrier (on medium or low heat) anywhere in the house. Instant dirty power.
    Okay, I took one in the bathroom and plugged it into the same outlet as the hair dryer and fluffed my hair.

Just read this thread Hermit, and LOL! Such drama! But, I gotta know, how'd your hair turn out? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Just read this thread Hermit, and LOL! Such drama!
    The drama is all in good fun. I'm sure they know that.
    verb wrote: »
    But, I gotta know, how'd your hair turn out? :smile:
    Three words... Farrah Feathered Flip. It's something I fight daily having my hair this length. I want it straight. Sometimes it doesn't cooperate. Much like the two people being punished. :smirk:
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Thank goodness. You had me worried! :smile:
    55e3ruire3en.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Is it even harvest season for noise yet? Maybe that's the problem?