Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    No kidding
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    We used to have a HUGE black CHOW next door and he'd bark and growl like he was going to kill something if he got out.

We had that security for many years. I was sorry to see them move but glad I wasn't going to be scared out of my shoes sometimes when walking to my car. That dog never became our friend for one day. It was pure evil I tell ya! :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • george daniel
    Options
    I prefer a well placed claymore
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Ya but cleaning up the aftermath sucks!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Options

Ya but cleaning up the aftermath sucks!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • george daniel
    Options
    Just have to be aware of the backblast
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited February 2019
    Options
    this thread plays like a Saul Alinsky mantra. Someone asks a question, and all who disagree with the topic pipe up and take over the conversation and even go into areas bordering on attack of the OP’s interest in tech/security.
    Wtf
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    edited February 2019
    Options
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    this thread plays like a Saul Alinsky mantra. Someone asks a question, and all who disagree with the topic pipe up and take over the conversation and even go into areas bordering on attack of the OP’s interest in tech/security.
    Wtf

That seems to be the SOP here.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Wtf
    Wtf

Nah Joe, all in good fun.....sorta. :) I do appreciate the heads up though, so when or if I want to rob the guy I need to wear a mask...maybe one that looks like Wayne Newton. I would pay money to see Dan explaining that one to the police. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    This is interesting....

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/26/alexa-trial-aiva-cedars-sinai/

An LA hospital will put Alexa in over 100 patients' rooms

Over 100 patients staying at Cedars-Sinai can now ask Alexa to control their TVs and call their nurses for them. The hospital has launched a pilot program to test an Alexa-powered healthcare platform called "Aiva," putting Echo speakers in over a hundred hospital rooms. According to Cedars-Sinai, Aiva is the "the world's first patient-centered voice assistant platform for hospitals." Patients can use it to call for help when needed, especially if they're not mobile and unable to use their hands. For instance, they can say: "Alexa, tell my nurse I need to get up to use the restroom."

Aiva will then notify the appropriate caregiver for the task, whether it's a nurse or a doctor, by sending a message straight to their phone. A request for pain meds will go straight to a registered nurse, for instance, while a request for bathroom help would go to a clinical partner.

In addition, patients can use standard Alexa features to control their in-room entertainment options. They can tell the voice assistant to switch the TV on or off, to change the channel, to play music on the Echo, to read audiobooks or to tell them the latest weather and sports information. That could free up nurses' time for more important tasks.

Peachy Hain, Cedars-Sinai's executive director of Medical and Surgical Services, explained that the use of voice-activated devices can help "enhance [patients'] hospital experience." She added that "n the hospital, patients have little to distract them from pain or loneliness." In a way, Alexa could serve not just as a convenient means to get a hold of their doctors and nurses, but also as a way to give them some degree of independence.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    Options
    Um...taking care of patients IS their main task. Least I thought so. Seems to me that would impose a fairly big liability issue....when Alexa sends the wrong patient info to the wrong nurse.

Every hospital bed has a button already to sum the nurse, aside from the mundane tasks of changing TV channels, which every hospital bed has a tethered
    remote to, reading, radio, blah blah, I see no added benefit.

Nobody I know summons a nurse to ask what the weather is, sports scores, turn tv channels, play a radio channel or read them a book. A hospital is not for entertainment, hire a private nurse and book a room at a resort. Might even be cheaper than a hospital stay.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Alexa broadcast: "Tell the voices to go away!!!"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• tonyb
    Options

Great idea....but the grandkids aren't hip yet on maps.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's