Ken HELP. Please get Vanilla to fix this problem

13»

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Lookin' normal here...
    DON'T empty your cache. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Man, I got stuff from AOL in my cache.

;)

• Hermitism
    It's like looking into the sun! I had to turn down the brightness a bit. At least I'm getting a jump on this year's tan.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Lookin' normal here...

sb2w9beqlue3.png

I "f11'd" it to remove the irrelvant stuff @ top and bottom of the browser :p

Looking normal here, too.

Wait....what is this witchcraft?!?!?!?! :o>:)

usnwo6awz2mv.jpg
  • Hermitism
    edited February 2019
    Never mind, I spoke too soon. I thought it was fixed. Premature celebrating. No pills for that.
  • mhardy6647
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Lookin' normal here...

sb2w9beqlue3.png

I "f11'd" it to remove the irrelvant stuff @ top and bottom of the browser :p

Looking normal here, too.

Wait....what is this witchcraft?!?!?!?! :o>:)

usnwo6awz2mv.jpg

we're only ever a couple of keystrokes from the infinite.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Instead of loading the normal background, it's stuck trying to load something from "update.soundunited.com"
  • Clipdat
    edited November 2019
    Extra spaces in signatures are back.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    Yep and the quotes look different.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Jesse.....Lightman1? No communicado...

TRex
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Lol, Tom, what're you just feeling out new nicknames for yourself?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Maybe Russ is knocking the dust off the pansies ..... IF you know wat I mean....
  • treitz3
    Trust me when I say that Russ is giving up his virginity to the goats of Iowa, Kansas or whatever the hell state he is going to. All to find out? She is not what he expected. She could be a He. It could be a she. She could be a rat. That rat could be a spy. That spy could be connected to Russia. Which means Russ has connections to RUSSIA!!

Commie ****!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    B A S T A R D

fir those that want to....yyu know,

Know

Tom
  • Clipdat
    edited November 2019
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why can't they just leave well enough alone? There's no point to keep changing things for the worse.
    How about fix the spacing in posts & signatures, put quoting back to the way it was, and while they're at it remove the lame twitter and facebook icons.
  • Clipdat
    edited November 2019
    Looks like they also managed to break the way that images get embedded into posts. No longer do they fill up the post window and allow you to click on them to open the photo in a new window. Now it's shrunk down and not clickable in order to easily see the larger version. You can still right click the image and choose "View Image" to view the full size photo, but then it opens on top of where you just were and you have to click back to get back to where you just were.
    COME ON VANILLA. Again, I don't think they've ever heard of the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    It keeps getting worse......sigh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why can't they just leave well enough alone? There's no point to keep changing things for the worse.
    How about fix the spacing in posts & signatures, put quoting back to the way it was, and while they're at it remove the lame twitter and facebook icons.

Software is all about Kaizen.
    Continuous improvement.
    If it can't be improved, it's just continuous change.

It keeps folks employed... as contractors,not RFT... but at least they can buy Cheetos and beer and pay for their streaming TV services.

:/
  • mhardy6647
    on the bright side... at least italics still work.

B)
  • mhardy6647
    I do notice that inserting a <CR/LF> (ahem, i.e., hitting "Enter") now results in double spacing.
    Not so good.

:/

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Let’s get this ridiculous, asinine, moronic insertion of an unnecessary ‘cr/lf’ on the sig fixed. Does Vanilla only hire incompetent programmers?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Programmers do what they're told, don't they? This is probably a higher level design thing, management types trying to be edgy and relevant justify their jobs.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the people I spoke with with Vanilla recently, and that included sales and a few in support.

From another similar sentiment on another thread, it's this BS "change for the sake of change" movement that's jacking stuff up in the world today - "always improving". I don't know how a company can keep people employed unless it keeps coming up with changes so they have something to do, but at some point there's really nothing left, so they start making stuff up it seems.
    Or this process itself actually creates problems to solve . I just wish the general "they" would stop constantly changing a product for no good reason, and, instead, actually think through a process and introduce true improvements, otherwise leaving stuff alone.

Along these lines, the HBOGO channel for the Roku is practical useless from a user perspective. Amazon probably has one of the best user interfaces for their channel. Netflix is a close second to HBOGO (or HBOSTOP) in useless and annoying features and presentation.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    msg wrote: »
    Programmers do what they're told, don't they? This is probably a higher level design thing, management types trying to be edgy and relevant justify their jobs.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the people I spoke with with Vanilla recently, and that included sales and a few in support.

From another similar sentiment on another thread, it's this BS "change for the sake of change" movement that's jacking stuff up in the world today - "always improving". I don't know how a company can keep people employed unless it keeps coming up with changes so they have something to do, but at some point there's really nothing left, so they start making stuff up it seems.
    Or this process itself actually creates problems to solve . I just wish the general "they" would stop constantly changing a product for no good reason, and, instead, actually think through a process and introduce true improvements, otherwise leaving stuff alone.

Along these lines, the HBOGO channel for the Roku is practical useless from a user perspective. Amazon probably has one of the best user interfaces for their channel. Netflix is a close second to HBOGO (or HBOSTOP) in useless and annoying features and presentation.

Couldn't agree more.

In the last 3yrs I have been involved in some of the same random stuff. The old guard has retired the new guard needs to "improve/evolve" the process. Problem is the new guard really has no NEW ideas but just have for the most part came up with an idea that was tried when they were still in diapers. I brought up that very fact mentioned been there done it and this was the outcome. Well I was told I was "in the way" of "innovation" and my old ways of thinking was no longer needed or relevant. Well NEW processes was implemented and low and behold same outcome as 20 yrs ago. I was approached and I fed their words right back to them as I didn't want to be "in the way of their innovation" and my old ways of thinking was so outdated. The process had totally matured all the bugs had been worked out and there was nothing wrong or costly about the process it worked and flowed smoothly for all involved. After all years earlier they had asked a very well known outside company to come in and give it fresh eyes and perspective. They came back and told us that there was one small thing we could do and that was implemented and all was well. I had actually mentioned to the "new guard" it would be a great idea to have the same company come in and do another look to see and compare our process with other companies our size out there to see if there was room for improvement. That was LOUDLY shot down as too expensive and a waste of money. Well the "NEW IMPROVED" cost the company 6 million dollars, but that was "acceptable" as we needed to try it first to see if it was feasible. Actually we could have had the outside company do their due diligence and also give them what they wanted to change and put into place for the outside company to have a good look at and see if another company had tried something similar for 350,000.00 far less than they lost by just going ahead blindly with some rehashed retread of a "NEW" idea. History is a VALUABLE RESOURCE yet most could care less about history and are bound to repeat it in some form or another.

The old timers never lost 6 million dollars they worked it through to see how it would before an all company roll out and actually depended on outside council to bounce ideas off of and compare to other companies our size and in OUR business. What works in one business isn't always going to work in YOUR business and vice versa.