About to spend my katana money

On some better speaker cables for my main system. I am not at all unhappy with it in it's current state but my second system with the 707's is catching up and I can't abide by that. Does anyone think that I am putting myself at risk of a ninja attack? I do, this is exactly the kind of thing that always happens when I buy something that I don't really need.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I think you should avoid pointy and sharp objects at all times.

The cables will be much safer.
  • I got some Douglas Connection Speakers Cables around 2 years ago and it was my first pair of real cables. Previous speaker wire was monster or Best Buy stuff on a spool. It was an aha moment for me that cables do make a difference. I have since purchased his ICs RCAs and XLRs and been very happy with them. Great customer service. Since I was unfamiliar with speaker cables and connectors he put together Options for Good, Better and Best. I went with Good.

Good This is the best bang for the buck base speaker cable we sell. It's the same cable we use for our 9AWG regular speaker cables.
    Our 12AWG Bi-Wire OFHC speaker cables with non plated copper connectors.
    Length 6 ft.
    Connectors amp ends: Furez Non Plated Copper Bananas.
    Connectors speaker ends: Furez Non Plated Spades

He gives Polkie discounts 😀
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,928
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I think you should avoid pointy and sharp objects at all times.

The cables will be much safer.

Only in the case of @polkfarmboy.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    50/50 Bruce. I hear Sho Kosugi's put together a new gang, and they're out looking for Lee Van Cleef's old associates. There's a pretty good chance they won't be able to track you down, but then again...

+1 on DouglasConnection's Furez. What're you running now?

You could probably make a good defense with some 8ft bi-amp/bi-wire in a pinch.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @msg I have Wireworld Oasis 7 and want to go to the Mini Eclipse. But those pesky ninjas have me worried.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @msg I have Wireworld Oasis 7 and want to go to the Mini Eclipse. But those pesky ninjas have me worried.

Anytime I decide to buy something semi-expensive that I don't currently "need", something in the house or car breaks. That's true at least 99% of the time.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Stop worrying about ninjas... while you were busy being paranoid, two Navy Seal teams positioned their sniper locations to cover all your potential exits.... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @nooshinjohn I know that but what they don't know is that they are watching a hologram and the tree they are sitting in is me disguised as a tree.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Hope your neighbors don’t have big dogs
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Hope your neighbors don’t have big dogs

They grilled up nice....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    @nooshinjohn I know that but what they don't know is that they are watching a hologram and the tree they are sitting in is me disguised as a tree.

They aren't in a tree, but they have asked for a tree removal service to clear some of their sightlines. BTW, a military tree removal service is usually an A-10 Warthog.

RUN!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson