Please recommend good inexpensive RCA interconnects and banana plug speaker wires

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited February 2019 in Electronics
Please let me know what would be some good inexpensive RCA interconnets and banana plug speaker wires (what gauge speaker wire? 12 gauge?) for the following system: McCormack DNA .5 Deluxe amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax pre amp, Rotel RCC 1055 CD player, Thorens TD 160 tt, Polk SDA 2B TL speakers.

I will be setting up the new-to-me amp and pre amp this weekend and want to get some decent but inexpensive RCA interconnects and banana plug speaker wires until I can upgrade cables in the future. I just spent quite a bit of money on the new-to-me amp and pre amp so I cannot spend a lot on cables now, although I will reach out to heliopilotdoug in the future about getting some of his cables. Just cannot afford to do that now...so I am looking at a cheap alternative for the time being.

Here are 2 Amazon links to some RCA interconnets and banana plug speaker wire I was considering. Plese let me know your thoughts. I'd like to keep everything under $100 if that helps (total for 3 pairs of RCA cables and a pair of banana plug speaker wires).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB4T6RK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D5H8P0G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    If you can use just normal bare wire, I have 12 feet of Supra Rondo 4 conductor I can cut into 6 foot lengths, you just pay the price of shipping.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, VR3. I apppreciate the offer. I actually have some bare wire speaker wire but think a frayed wire caused a previous Parasound amp to go into overload a while ago because, after I cut and reattached the wires, all was fine. I was thinking of getting banana plug speaker wires to prevent that from happening again. What would be the best gauge speaker wire for me to get? 12 gauge?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    The thickness of the wire dosnt tell the whole story... I would increase your budget to atleast 200, the performance there is much more than 100 for the amount of. Cables d you need
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pglbook
    VR3 wrote: »
    The thickness of the wire dosnt tell the whole story... I would increase your budget to atleast 200, the performance there is much more than 100 for the amount of. Cables d you need

Thanks. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay more than $100 for cables now and am only looking for some decent and inexpensive RCA interconnects and banana plug speaker wires. I will upgrade cables in the future but do not want to spend $200 for cables now, only to have to spend hundreds of dollars more in the future when I upgrade all of my cables. Due to other recent audio expenses, my budget is limited for cables at present.

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited February 2019
    How many rca sets do you need. Also lengths of said rca cables and cables. That is gonna deterring cost and deceive what we can recommend. I recommend building your own speaker cables out of 4s11 canare cable and bananas and using blue jeans lc1 rca cables. This should be the lowest you go unless you can pick up some used stuff off of here for cheaper
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    DSkip wrote: »
    PM me. I'm going to 'hook you up'.

All right Skip, good man.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pglbook
    DSkip wrote: »
    PM me. I'm going to 'hook you up'.

Thanks, Skip. I really appreciate it. PM sent.