Ken, help

Options
13»

Comments

• dago
    dago Posts: 38
    Options
    There has never been a shared account under the name of Byont from 2013. This just popped up yesterday as I went to sign in after being timed out.
  • dago
    Options
    Even right now, I go to sign in under Tonyb, doesn't recognize my usual password. Hit forgot password and it prompts you to enter an email. I enter baronefour@att.net, and it says it can't find an account associated with that email.

I'm no rocket scientist, but that tells me they are not together, right ? If we can put them together, I can reset my password.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's the problem, I can't change a person's associated account email address and neither can Vanilla.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    That's the problem, I can't change a person's associated account email address and neither can Vanilla.
    Now that you've read Tony's posts on the previous page, you should delete his email addresses before the spambots pick them up. Might write them down first in case you need them.
  • dago
    Options

Then what is the email and password on record for my screen name of TONYB. Send it to me in a private email what you have on record. How can Tonyb exist as a member without that info.

Not like I'm asking for someone elses information, I think we all know I am who I am.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    Tony has some unanswered PM's on his existing moniker that if he does not respond too? He may be lying in concrete.

Ken, this is a life or death situation for our brother in arms.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    can @TonyB be deleted and then resurrected as a de novo Vanilla user?
  • dago
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tony has some unanswered PM's on his existing moniker that if he does not respond too? He may be lying in concrete.

Ken, this is a life or death situation for our brother in arms.

Tom

or mixing concrete....a lot of it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have no idea what anyone's password is. I have sent, via another member, my email address and requested that you contact me that way.
  • dago
    Options
    I have no idea what anyone's password is. I have sent, via another member, my email address and requested that you contact me that way.

I've got zip so far.

Why do we have to go threw another member ? I've posted my direct email, baronefour@att.net

Contact me directly, so nothing gets lost in translation.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have sent you an email.
  • dago
    Options
    Ha...Ken and I have hooked up finally and we are working with vanilla to get this figured out. Hopefully we can.....and just so youz guys know, I'm taking names in my roast thread. :)
  • codycatalist
    Options
    To Ken's credit usually passwords are stored in a hashed format in the SQL database so no one can read them... It is a security risk. Making quick changes to that data is not easy either and usually requires an approved script to manipulate that data from higher management.

Trust me I know these types of politics, it's what I do everyday.

If it was my database I would use an update statement to change the original user password and email to match dago's then run a sub query to prepend "delete" or something to dago email to ensure no duplicates.

Bam no authentication issues and reestablished Account.

Granted this would have to be approved via a Change Management request which is 3 to 5 days at best and since I work for an educational company we would be closed until Tuesday lololol

Best of luck Tony.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • dago
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately myself, and probably Ken too, are not privy to the inner workings of the Vanilla software and what is or isn't possible.

There must be some sort of back door accessibility, somebody at Vanilla knows how to reestablish my account, just a matter of getting to the right person.

If hackers can get into the most private of online data, from various software makers and at times the very best of them, I can't see why on earth Vanilla shouldn't be able to send me a password to allow me access to an already established account of Tonyb., an online audio forum no less that holds no financial info…..which...is MY account to begin with.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    dago wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately myself, and probably Ken too, are not privy to the inner workings of the Vanilla software and what is or isn't possible.

There must be some sort of back door accessibility, somebody at Vanilla knows how to reestablish my account, just a matter of getting to the right person.

If hackers can get into the most private of online data, from various software makers and at times the very best of them, I can't see why on earth Vanilla shouldn't be able to send me a password to allow me access to an already established account of Tonyb., an online audio forum no less that holds no financial info…..which...is MY account to begin with.

Well tell Vanilla to give me production SQL access, I’ll run a couple queries and we will be good as new buddy! :p

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    I’ll run a couple queries

:p

ox81fj5oklh5.jpg
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited February 2019
    Options

There must be some sort of back door accessibility...

Nope, too easy.

I seem to remember a certain photo from Texas I believe 😁
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options

There must be some sort of back door accessibility...

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap Tony?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson