Sonos users

Options
Any of you guys notice a significant drop in sound quality after this last update ? Driving me nuts.

That's the one thing I hate about Sonos, the constant upgrades. Do other streamers go threw the same constant software upgrade-it is ?
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    The CXN does it about every three months or so. But no major changes like Sonos ( which I also have)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I'll have to listen to mine on my main rig then upgrade then listen again. Is this something you noticed before on other firmware upgrades?
    Yes all music streamers have constant upgrades. Maybe not one for one with Sonos but the apps usually are most of the cause.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dago
    dago Posts: 38
    Options
    I've noticed it in the last 2 upgrades. Sometimes resetting the whole thing solves the issue for me. This time, no such luck.

I'm not the only one either, their forum is full of complaints about the same issue. Since my Sonos is somewhat older, I'm wondering if it's just not able to accept any more of these upgrades they keep churning out. It's showing it's face as distortion in the higher frequencies. There also seems to be a difference in SQ between using your wifi or the sonos net.

They screwed me once when they stopped supporting their hand held controller, a 300 + buck piece.