Magnifi Max SR loses WiFi connection

Options
My magnifi max loses frequently his WiFi connection with my router. When opening Google Home, the app tells you that the device is currently not in the WiFi netwerk. The only fix is to pull power cable out of the bar and put it on again. After several time it happens again.
So, Chromecast doesnt work if it happens. More People with the same?

Comments

• Janhaan
    Janhaan Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi, Yes I had the same. I disabled the "airtime fairness" function in my router (WLAN) That worked for me (finally). But with me it was the Polk assist speaker, so i don't know if it works for the Magnifi Max SR.
  • Mikey87
    Options
    Thank you. But i have it also with wired connection.
  • Janhaan
    Options
    It lasted for a day, so i was to early with my conclusion. Sorry.
  • mrwellmann
    Options
    Same issue here. Did anyone find a solution?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Here is one thing you may want to try that is off the beaten path. Do a hard reset and short out the unit (unlugged).

What I am stating, in layman's terms, is to power down the unit and wait about 30 seconds for stored energy to dump to ground. Then unplug the unit at the wall (or where ever it is plugged into). Wait for 10 seconds or use this time to go grab a large screwdriver or something metal/conductive.

Take the pos, neg and ground on the plug itself and short them all out by contacting every one of them at the same time.

Then, power down all of your network items, starting with the modem, then router and wait for them to stabilize and connect with everything else in the home.

At this point, now, plug back in the Magnifi Max SR and wait for it to boot up. Connect it to the wi-fi again and see if this helps.

It may just be an IC hung on high when it is supposed the be reading low or vice versa. Dumping the stored energy within said unit can sometimes free up the hung voltage readings and make the unit work again. Not every time, but it's something that you can try.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~