Odyssey Audio Candela Preamp

For Sale: The Odyssey Audio Candela Preamp. Purchased new from Odyssey Audio by me less than 5 years ago. Warranty should be transferable - if need be I can check with Klaus. (caps were changed but he's pretty easy to work with).

Selling due to a recent acquisition that nullifies my need for this.

Polky Price is $1100 shipped/insured, you pay fee's if applicable. I do accept and prefer paypal friends/family.

Specs here: http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-candela.html

This does have the optional 2nd outputs installed and the HT bypass works as an HT bypass (volume is controlled by the source, not the pre). The Odyssey logo lights up perfectly. The remote works and will be included.

The original case is no longer available but I'm sure Klaus would sell one if you really wanted it. This one has a custom made solid walnut cover with a cutout so that the tubes can vent and you can use the taller, E80CC tubes in it.

I've replaced the standard Sonic Craft caps in it with Clarity Cap MR's. Same value, I just like the Clarity's better.

I'll provide IERC tube covers if you would like (shown in a couple of the pictures). If you're interested please specify you'd like these. They do cover the faint glow of a 12AU7 that you can see through the window.

I've used some sound damping material throughout the case. I've also packed the new caps in to eliminate any vibrations.

I'll supply two matched sets of 12AU7's. One of which will be RCA clear tops. I've got a pretty good collection of these and if you are interested in purchase I'll send you a list to chose one more pair from.

bnika1zhomd1.jpg

5s0vqjukbkau.jpg

relabfbn8yw9.jpg

nhxvwcdj1am6.jpg

0f9prhoyabn3.jpg

afna4c6ly51r.jpg

238mrurh3i8b.jpg

4uz6v2f5uukt.jpg

s3ewwrdprtta.jpg

wpgwq82vysam.jpg
Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    [construction worker whistle] Maaan, that's a beaute.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    Also listed on other sites.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    This pre is sweet. I've always wanted A2's Odyssey gear. Bad timing for me is great luck for somebody. :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Man, love to hear that with the MR caps... bet it rocks!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ALL212
    edited February 2019
    Bump - new price $1000 shipped/insured, you pay fee's if applicable. I do accept and prefer paypal friends/family. This probably won't go lower.

Tempest and Stratos are following.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    You know what, I just had a great idea. Why dont you put all the RCA cables for our test in the box with this pre and I'll test it also!!!!

😛
  • ALL212
    Oh...too late. I already shipped the box. Sorry! But great idea... :p
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    That's a nice pre amp for $1K!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Bump - new price $1000 shipped/insured, you pay fee's if applicable. I do accept and prefer paypal friends/family. This probably won't go lower.

Tempest and Stratos are following.

That is a nice looking piece! Love the wood cabinet! Is that stock? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ALL212
    No, I wanted to run E80CC tubes so my brother and I concocted the cover.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    Pre Weekend bumper:
    $1000 but it will come with 1 set of tubes - RCA clear tops.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire